Friday, January 2, 2009

Review: Dior 5-Color Eyeshadow in Petal Shine


Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow - Petal Shine 809


continuing my purple eye shadow phaze (as Wendy puts it, lol). this is a more summery spring romantic version of purple. the colors are light and airy, reminds you of a lavender field out in southern France. The colors are mostly silvery, cool toned, and the taupe (bottom left) in this quad is just TDF. For some reason, i felt the middle shadow was a bit harder than the rest, not as powdery, still a pretty color.


I took this in my friend's bathroom while getting ready for winter winter. The lighting is alittle yellow, but you can see that the purple is somewhat silvery and light. not deep plum purple, but i still like it as i think deep plum purple with red undertone can make me look like i got in a cat fight with a mexico and got sacked in the eye. i paired with a silvery gun metal grey liner, in this case, i felt a black e/s would be too severe. of course, tight lined with black liner to bring out depth in my asian eyes.

this is my first Dior e/s quad and I'm liking it better than the Chanel. The quilt design and the cool deep blue package makes it look.."younger" "hip" but still elegant and chic. I'm liking it and I can see a lot more Dior quad making it to my collection in the future.

BLOGGERS!! I NEED HELP!!!
does anyone have problem with blogspot? Recently, when I upload pictures, the order in which I upload is completely opposite once it's uploaded. ie. I upload from product, to swatch, to FOTD. But when it shows on my blog, it's FOTD, swatch and product. It's annoying having to drag it up and down to the order i want it.
Also, I am soooo annoyed, STILL, having to only upload 5 at a time!! I see other blogger upload 30 pictures and I am so envious! how do they do it??? do you upload 5 at a time, then drag it to the correct order?

I have been meaning to revamp this blog for a while now. I feel like abandoning it. It's the overwhelming feeling of "blogger's block". I feel like every piece of reivew I put out is like SHIT. and the FOTD is not detailed enough. But I feel like I have NO time to really sit down and blog. Since they blocked blog at work, I can't even moderate comments, and I feel bad for not responding right away, then the comment piles up and I forget and move on to my next shitty post.

I feel so completely unmotivated. I have piles, I mean PILES of new purchases to review and yet I have no energy to do so. BECAUSE I CANNOT DEAL WITH BLOGGER!! argh!! if it was easier, I probably would have done a video tut or something but damn, what is everything computer related so damn hard to me! I want to be a geek! damn it, I am so tempted to get iWeb on my Mac, go to a "genius" class, learn how to use it, and just use that as my website. only if it's EASIER for my spaz ass though!

computers pisses me off! argh!~!!!!

3 comments:

fuzkittie said...

The purple looks really nice on you~ What a wonderful looking palette!

Yea, whenever I upload to blogger, I always put in the photos reversely. So, whatever goes on top should go on the bottom of the list.

MiuMiu said...

Blogger does that to my pictures too, it's so annoying >_<
I love the palette, it reminds me of spring.

Anonymous said...

I don't have any Dior shadows, but you work it well!