Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Beauty Review - Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes Mascara

Per the website:

Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes Mascara

What it is:A revolutionary new mascara designed to grip at lashes starting at the roots.What it does:Givenchy Phenomen'eyes Mascara perfectly curls and separates lashes. It has a high-tech, patented round sphere at the tip of the precision wand that reaches every lash and adapts to all eye shapes. It's a Sephora exclusive.

The result? A beautifully fanned-out panoramic effect, holding the curve of your lashes perfectly in place.

Price: $27


The mascara itself is small and stubby. Nice silver cap with the signature G logo and a sleek black tube. The brush inside is the size of a pea with spikes on it. It looks scary at first, but once you start using it, you'd be AMAZED at how well it works.




This is curled lashes with black e/l in waterline and ONE COAT of Phenomen'Eyes mascara. It was the early mornings, so I was little clumsy and got some on the lid. But overall, I think it's very easy to use.




The ball can reach the inner and outter corner. If you point the brush towards your eye and push up, you'll get amazing curls and it'll stay all day. The formula of the mascara is not too gooy and thick, so you can apply and reapply right after each application, no need to wait for it to dry. It gives lashes a natural and glossy sheen with curl, separation and volumne, though i'd say, many other mascaras can do better in the volumizing department without too much effort.


Here I used the Shiseido Mascara base and 2 COATS of Phenomen'Eyes. I'm so impressed with this little baby, I think I might need to stock up in fear it might sell out.

Pros:
- Reaches inner and outter corners easily
- Hold Curls all day
- Separates and can let you "manage" your lashes. Say, sometimes you want to bunch some together on top to form a "star" look, this will help you with that. refer to the second set of pictures.
- Formula is thin and glossy.
- DOES NOT CLUMP!

Cons:
- It doesn't Volumize as easily as some other mascaras. Probably need about 3-4 coats to achieve the same result as one coat of Max Factor Couture Volume mascara.
- $27, it doesn't come cheap!
- There is always a little blub of mascara at the tip when you pull the wand out, so I scrap it against the edge of the tube to avoid that clump getting on my lashes.

Overall: I think it's worth a try ladies. It's revolutionary and I haven't been this excited about a mascara in a LONG LONG time. It might take a little practice to get used to it, but once you get it, you'll see all the amazing things it can do to your lashes.

FYI, I have straight, medium length, medium thickness lashes. My main concern for mascara usually are the ability to hold curls, separate and volumize. I love thinner forulas, so I can reapply without waitting for it to dry, and doesn't clump when I reapply. I personally think for length, those mascara with fiber are the best at it and it takes a little practice to get all the fibers in the right places.

I have about 30 mascaras and I think I've try them all out there - drug store, high end, all time HGs and award winning ones. I'd love to do a Mega Mascara Show Down to compare all the mascara, but I know what I'll up again - too many pictures, too much remover, risking loosing my lashes. I'll think about it. In the mean time, ladies, enjoy the Phenomen'Eyes review.

p.s. I never knew my office bathroom drama entry would bring so many comments. I guess I'll just need to let y'all in on some more of what I usually stress about during the day, and the type of SHIT i gotta deal with at work. Argh.. long week ahead....

4 comments:

Fei said...

I neeeeeed that mascara. I'm obsessed with finding mascaras that can do it all, but most importantly hot a great curl.

Your last post was funny. I had to read it out loud to my brother, but he didn't appreciate the toilet humor and kept begging me to stop!

fuzkittie said...

Aaaaahhhh~~~ you got it!!!
Looks like it works wonders! I can't wait to get my hands on one.

I totally want to see a mega mascara show down!!!! Showdown! Showdown! Showdown!!! :D

Par said...

Thats a tiny brush....hehehe

na said...

I've been waiting for a review! The brush looks cool, although I'd have to see it in person to figure out whether or not I can actually use it without getting it all over my skin, lol.