Thursday, January 22, 2009

CoverGirl LipStain and Tarte A Perfect Whirled Cheek Stain Review


I don't know why I bought the lip stain, i'm not a lipstain type of girl. I've always been a lipgloss or lip balm girl, so when I saw the lip stain on ads, I brushed it off. However, when I saw it in Walgreens with the Drew's pretty lips, it showed up very faintly and not so scary, plus it's a marker, c'mon, who doesn't want to marker their lips? I'm sure i've done it gillizion times in kindergarden. Anyways, it was on sale for $7.99 i think. I think I got Wild Berry Wink, but don't quote me on that, gotta double check when i get home.

The lip stain feels exactly what a marker would feel on your lips. it's not sticky and color is very intense. but i don't think it feel comfortable at all, it's got that plastic-y feeling and I HATE IT! so whatever, i thought i'd change that by applying gloss on top of it, well, it felt ok, but i could still "feel" it on my lips.

I went about my day with on my lips. Went grocery shop, yea i went grocery shop with berry red lips, got a problem with that? came home, started cooking. poured a glass of water to drink. and what did i notice???? MY WATER TURNED PINK!!! yea! it turned pink b/c the stain came right off when it touched liquid. went to the bathroom to check out my lips. OMG, it's leaking pink fluid down my chin. looks like i just had some cranberry juice and threw it all up!

good thing - the faint pretty berry color stayed after i wiped the liquid off

bad thing - you've got a glass of pink water and lookin' like a berry vampire. if you were out on a date with this, your date probably won't call you back.

GIRLS! do me a favor and don't get this. if u want your lip color to stay, you better not drink all day. is that worth it? i think NOT~!

i'm gonna save this for drunk shit faced dick drawing purposes.


the new Tarte spring collection is out at Sephora. I'm not a big Tarte fan as i used to be. From my previous entry you can tell the e/s palette is not that big, definitely smaller than the regular squares. but the lipgloss was interesting, sorry, didnt' swatch it.
now the cheek stain this time is a swirl of light pink and berry pink. it has shimmer and much much softer than the regular cheek stains. they feel even softer than the holiday cheek stain trios. the color shows off very bright and very pink. i imagine it'd be great for the fair skinned ladies. but it's too bright pink for my taste. i do, however, give thumbs up for the texture. tarte finally got the memo.. go see for yourself!
-----------------
on a off topic, it's thursday and OMG that means it's friday tomorrow!!! i can't wait for this week to end. i'm so drained and it's been a short week! I'm in the mood for a poll..
Face of the Day - LM Silk Creme foundation, MAC Mineralized Compact, Maquillage Cheek Design in 70 (light peachy color), Maquillage eye jelly in citrus gold, Revelon Color Stay e/l in black, Maybelline Lash stilleto in black, Suqqu Holiday Collection e/s Quad (used the champane in tear duct to h/l, and the taupe to extend the lower lash, REVIEW TO COME SOON), Maquillage brow pencil in dark brown, and Chanel glossimer in Wild Rose.
Outfit of the day - Theory cashmere v-neck white sweater, BR black tank, some sequnced legging, BR knee length dress pants in charcoal, BR chestnut suade slouchy boots.
Mood - exhausted and hopeful, I'm going to start reading a good book tonight which I think will help me dealing with stress
Dinner? - veggie soup and noodle.
To-do list - get light bulb from Home Depo, go see a doctor about my throat *i can hardly swallow, that's why i can't eat hard food*, fold laundry, order VS semi annual (last day!), do my nails.
Beauty Lemming - the clarisonic skin care brush... it hit me late, but damn does it hit me hard!!!

7 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

OMG! Thank you so much for telling the truth about the Lipstain! I had visions of myself wearing that crap at a client lunch and turning into a vampire before their eyes!!

Cheers,

JC

Jamilla Camel said...

BTW, you look like a glamorous Chinese movie star from the 1940's with red lips...a great look!

IchigoBunnie said...

thanks for the heads up! i was actually thinking of trying out that CG lipstain cuz it looked cool, but geez...the leaking of the color sounds awful--and embarassing! and even worse if u have like red-stain cuz it'll look like ur on ur period on the mouth XD.....orrr you can be a twilight-dork and think of it as vampire-ish blood...haha....im so cheesy XD

but...yea.....no to this lipstain. and $8 doesn't seen quite worth it either.im sure there are other lipstains out there for the same price range and would perform better, but in general i dun like stains. it gives that "tight and dry" feeling on your lips :(

fuzkittie said...

Mmmmm veggie soup! Exactly what I had, hahaha~ I think we could be soup buddies eh?

LOL @ drunk shit faced dick drawing!!!! Hahaha, it does look exactly like a marker. I will make sure to get this if I ever needed a marker that's overpriced? haha.

Anonymous said...

i think you overdid the stain... too dark !!! hehe.

Angie said...

Aw that's a pity. There was so much anticipation buildup for those stains.. of course they end up sucking balls! =(

Your outfit sounds cute!

Fei said...

Cellphone! Could that be the culprit to my right sided acne? lol. God, one side of my face is pock marked and the other is perfectly clear. I feel like walking sideways.

My 8 hour lip stuff from Maybelline feels like plastic too. But it stays put. Nasty thing about it is you can't apply it too close to your teeth because you'll get it on them! Gross.