Thursday, January 29, 2009

FOTD, long days at the office, which led to retail therapy


howdy ladies, today i bring you, my office look aka my 5 minute face.

i used the SUQQU holiday collection e/s quad, which has a grey/charcoal/brown tone. face done by LM silk creme foundation, bought it for $17 at blissworld.com, free shipping and free gift. original price is $42. you know how i love me some discounts!


my face crack

15 hours at the office make me look TOWED UP. dang man, if i could ever imagine, this is my amy winehouse dupe, looking mad high n ish.

long hours at the office almost always leads to retail therapy, either that or alcoholism. my recreation drug of choice is retail therapy. so i dropped by bergdorf to pay a visit to my long missed P&J counter. to my surprise, MERRADY doesn't work there any more!!~!!! my SA girl quit. =( it ain't the same w/o her.



Light Cleansing Milk - $28
Whitening Serum - $45
Eye cream - $36
got a free P&J reuseable bag. gotta show you guys next time



miu miu asked for the ingreidents. THIS IS FOR YOU GIRL! click to enlarge

light cleansing milk is used to remove makeup. but i don't think it removes everything, so i'm gonna use it as a face cleansing when i run out of my cetaphil. it's a light gel texture, gotta squeeze the bottle to get product out. leaves skin refreshed and matte looking. love the orange oil scent.. yumm. oh, this is a HUGE bottle for $28!! it's like a regular size bottled water size! good bang for your buck. i wish they had a pump though.

whitening emulsion. i needed something to get rid of the pimple scars, plus i think this absorbs better than the "regular" serum. it's a very light texture, feel hydrating, but with a little bit of massage, it will all sink in. i use it day and night, so far no problems at all. the only thing is that the bottle is very nice, good heavy glass feel. but the pump is plastic and kind of cheapo feeling. though it does pump out exact amount i need.

the eye treatment has a pretty thick texture. i had ahard time getting it out of the tube at first. the texture feels like it has a lot of silicone in it. it makes the under eye area very smooth, doesn't have the usual sticky eye cream feeling, which i hate. feels hydrating without overly oily. i'm afraid of using heavy eye creams, b/c i get those little white "fat pockets" on my under eye area if i use eye cream too rich for me. this won't make your concealor slip n slide either. overall, i think the eye treatment is a promising buy. squeeze tube so i dno't need to dig my finger in, good size for the price you pay.

i've just started using these this week, so i'm gonna hve to report back with results. but so far so good. no breakouts. products all sink in. the price i feel is pretty reasonable for skin care. i'm used to paying $70 on face serums and $30 above for eye creams. so this is a good price range i feel.

you can call bergdorf to get the items shipped for free. but if anyone of you guys really want to try the P&J stuff, i'll see if i can help you do CP. bergdorf definitely have a better price point than ichibankao (fuz said she paid more than 5000 yen for the whitening serum, isn't that $50?). also, bergdorf usually have restock of popular items, like they still have allthe disney items, all of the spring items, only 1 lipstick is out,but it's going to be restocked in 2 weeks. i just feel like a lot of girls are missing out on this great line b/c it's limited availability. which reminds me, how lucky i am to work 5 blocks away from bergdorf, saks, henri bendel and sephora... hahaha

anyways, hope your week's going better than mine. i'll tell ya guys next time what i had to go through this week..

8 comments:

MiuMiu said...

yay thanks for the pictures! my mom always shows me these random articles she finds, and there was one about parabens being bad and such so i was curious to see if P&J had them...and they do...i'll probably end up buying some P&J anyway just cuz it's smells so nice with all the fruit and flower extracts. your samples made me hooked and now I just gotta wiat to get my hands on it. i look forward to your thoughts about the eye cream, hopefully it'll be good cuz i'm looking for a new eye cream.
hope you had a great new year.

fuzkittie said...

You show off!! xDD I swear, I'm going to plan a trip up to NYC once it gets warmer, and then drag you with me to BG! Haha. You really got a great deal, esp with the Yen being so strong. I will definitely get the cleansing stuff and moisturizing lotion toner when I run out of La Mer!

You got the LM silk foundation for 17?! Haha, what a deal! It's so sad that Merrady isn't working there anymore... :[ She's just so "Paul & Joe" looking, hahahaha.

The Faux Fashionista said...

Ooooo! P&J! I'm lovin your retail therapy, girl :) I was thinking of getting the eye cream but I saw that it has alcohol as one of the ingredients? :/ But fuz said the cream is really good too and coming from her I definitely have to believe it! Ugh, decisions!

Stephanie said...

you have such perfect eyebrows!

Angie said...

You ARE lucky! I think I'll order the foundation. I've been considering the whitening serum. I'm using a ton of whitening/lightening stuff right now so I might wait and see. Btw, if you don't mind using heavier creams at night, I'm currently using Nars Lightening cream at night for my scars. I used it from 2007-2008 and it worked great! It's doing a pretty great job thus far. My scars are already diminished =)

Aww I hear ya on the skin! I'm still healing .. =(

Five minutes?! You are so radiant! Geez, I feel so high maintenance compared to you! haha

Yumeko said...

i keep ogling p and j stuff cos the packaging is just pure love, i almost bought that cleansing milk when i was in hk [its cheaper than buying it in japan where i am from]

it sounds cheaper in usa, but i need to check the prices here and try to do some maths [eeek i hate maths]

hope work isnt too bad for you. its hell in my stupid ass office.

♥ Nehs ♥ said...

0migosh! u are so pretty! :) love the look!

Mona said...

P&J YUMMIES! how you like the whitening serum?