Thursday, November 1, 2007

Beauty Review

I was going to post some before and after pictures of myself and what makeup I used to be obsessed with. But then my old laptop crashed... boohooo... which reminds me I need to get a new one. Maybe Black Friday would have some good sales on Sony Vaios, yippies!



So here is a little product review for Mally Beauty..



Here is what it says on QVC - Mally Beauty (I believe it is mostly sold on QVC, but I got mine at Henri Bendel on 5th ave.)

With a twist of the wrist, you can draw a perfect, up-angled line on the outer corner of your eye with Mally's Shaping Secret Eyelift Wand. Its matching, soft powder lets you smudge and fill the line to help give your eye a lifted appearance.Soft Brown is suited for brown eyes and dark brows. Soft Gray works well for those with light or blue eyes and lighter brows. Charcoal is designed to add boldness to any color eyes and black brows.Soft Brown, Soft Gray, or Charcoal.Made in Korea/China.


I got the Charcoal color because the other two were too light for my taste of e/l. I am very skeptical about this e/l, it was half way forced upon me and I felt like I needed to try something from her line, since it's mostly sold on QVC and I didnt want to pay for s/h. And another reason being, I think Mally bullshit a bit about makeup. She likes to turn makeup tricks into another product, making you believe that you can't do the same with the stuff you already owe.

For example, her Lash Illusion Lash Filler - it is a super skinny e/l. She bull shit her way making you thinking its a super mascara. Whatever, I learned that trick a long time ago from ViVi (Japanese magazine). Any e/l would do and I do it every single day. And her Brighten eye crap, it's a beige highlighter powder on a smudging tip, it says will brighten up your eyes. Well, you could apply any highlighting powder to the corner of your eye and make it pop. Its just that the smudging tip makes it easier to apply.


With that said, I felt like I am going to be so disoppinted in this e/l, I might as well return it. It sat in my makeup drawer for 2 months! Then I thought, ok, running out of e/l here... which one shall I break into next? There it is, in the little green box, sitting pretty in the drawer. Then I saw the $25 price tag on it. Im thinking, what the hell was I smoking when I spent $25 on a freaking e/l???? It better be good!


Lo' and behold, it completely surprised me! I always put e/l in the waterline below my upper eye lashes, so usually itd smudge by noon. But no!!! not with this little guy here. It stayed on all day!!! Even after I rubbed my eyes because I was starring at the monitor for too long. The powder side is just as good. The powder doesn't come off loose and fall on your cheeks. It really smudges the line and softens it. But the plastic tip part is a little long, so it wiggles a little, but if you hold it close to the smudge tip, you will get a great soft line by your lash line.


All in all, I am happy with Mally for now. Except the slanted design on the e/l part is a bit big for my application. But if you are a makeup newbie and struggles to draw a straight line, this might help. I love that it is automatic and easy to carry around. So now.. it has a permanate place in my bursting makeup bag.


Cutti gives it 4 out of 5 stars. A little fix up on the design can take care of the little problem I have with the long plastic tip.


I seriously need to start going to bed before 1:30am every night. God...

No comments: