Thursday, January 3, 2008

Beauty Review - Chanel's Blue Satin


I missed out on the Black Satin tain when it first came out, so when I saw it on the shelf last spring in HK, I quickly picked up a bottle and soon realized that OPI's Galaxy is the same color. Oh wells, but I have to say that Chanel's nail polish have this incredible high high and glossiness, and the staying power is much better with just one coat of topcoat and not much touch up needed. This is especially important when choosing dark nail polishes. Knowing me, typing away at work and doing all the chores around the apt (not that much really), I need a touch up almost every night. So since then, I have been a Chanel's nail polish fan.
Thought I don't buy every color they have and waitted patiently for the next "Black Satin", Blue Satin disoppinted me greatly. I had it on over the weekend and on NYE. I don't blame Chanel for the quality of how the color came out, it's because I went to a nail salon in Boston that I have never been to before. I don't mess around with random nail salons. I have one that I go to in the mall around where I live and that's it. They know how to do my nails and how I like them shaped. But this placed F*ed it up big time, because it came out matted looking. Now, when you have blue polish on and it's not glossy, you know it's gonna look dirty and nasty in a matter of 2 days.
Pro: same great Chanel formula, a deep deep blue, if you glance at it, it looks like a inky black.
Con: not enough shimmer in it for me, i love how you can see all the blue shimmers under the sun, but it looks just a plain blackish blue under indirect light. doesn't excite me.
Anyways, I'd say you can skip on it if you have OPI's Russian Navy. But I'll keep my bottle for a second try at my nail salon, hopefully it'll turn out better. Othehwise, it'll end up on my swap list.
p.s. I'm wearing Chanel's Noir Ceramic. However, I am missing Lincoln Park after Midnight terribly...
p.p.s. I HATE BLOGSPOT! I'm going back to Xanga

No comments: