Anyways, it's not like I went anywhere or did anything fun. Thanks for the cold ass winter weather. All weekend, all I did was shop for home stuff move stuff around to put in the extra home stuff. The joy and pain of owning your own condo.. sigh... But with the help of my hubby (the sarcasm only he'd understand), I now have a vanity!!! I can't wait to put all my makeup in the drawers and place my pretty perfume bottles and jeweleries on top. Now I need to look for a mirror with lights, for easy makeup application of course.
Since much of my time is constrained to being inside, I made sure I do all my winter bath rituals.
Almond Shower Oil
8.4 fl oz. - $22
13.5 fl oz. - $28 (Sale)
Website says: A customer favorite. Transforms into a lavish, softening foam-- original and unique in texture--that leaves a satin-like softness all over the body. Rich in almond oil and nourishing lipids. Cleanses. gently to impart a delectable perfume. Keep handy in bath or showeras an extra-pampering alternative to Shea Butter Soap and our fragrance soaps. Suitable for men and women
For $6 more you get 60% more. But for a product I've never tried and have nothing to leverage off of, I was skeptical about my purchase.
The shower oil is like nothing I've tried. I knew about the in-shower lotion and tried the body wrap creme, but the shower oil was a surprise for me.
A good surprise. The oil goes on thick, and warms on contact (I felt warmer, maybe it's just me). You kind of massage it over your body and can feel some what exfoliated, since the oil is so thick. Once you rinse off, it emulsifies and turns milky white and leaves skin very supple, not greasy and you can't scratch up those oily gunk with your nail (those happens to me with salt oil scrubs, yuck, i hate those!). It'd compare the experience to a cleasning oil, but for your body. I'm a loyal Shu Cleasing Oil user, I don't use anything else to remove makeup. So I'm quite used to that to my face, but not for my body. The Shower Oil is thicker though, which is sooooo nice to calm down the itchy winter scaly skin.
I'd say this is perfert for the winter. I felt clean and my skin wasn't tight after showering, even with the piping hot water I like to use. The scent is better than average. Anyone who knows me knows that I HATE ALMOND. I hate nuts in general, but almond, OMG, the smell and the taste just drives me off the freaking wall. But with this one, surprisingly, I LIKE IT! It's light and refreshing, quite comforting too. Which is really weird, I'm suppose to hate it. But, whatever works right?
I'm still on my last 2 scoops of the 20% Shea Butter, so I haven't cracked into this baby yet. But it looks promosing when I tried it on in store. It's very light and absorbs quickly. It says to firm the body too. Oh well, we'll see about that. I don't believe cellulites can actually go away, but I guess it'd be nice for a little tighting since I'm trying to loose some winter weight.
One more thing ladies, if you've purchased anything ON SALE from L'Occitane, it is UNRETURNABLE OR UNEXCHANGABLE. I wanted to trade in this huge tub of creme for the smaller size and got denied. =( Boo hooo.... Once I've gotten over my impulse, I've realized $50 for a freaking lotion is INSANE! But then again, I've learned from my mistakes. At least I'll have Almond smelling yummy supple tight skin right?
Oh! I checked out the YSL Spring limited edition POP BLUSH in Nordstrom yesterday. But that needs a post by itself. I'm getting off work ON TIME (5:30pm) and heading to Vong's with my hubby for NYC Restaurant Week. If you are in the NYC area, make a reservation quick! I've got 2 dinners and 2 lunches booked. Can't wait! I will be posting Foodie entries. Stay tuned....

2 comments:
Haha surprisingly, I have a big Le Sports Sac Bag that fits ALL my essentials and then some (it's also in the "What's in your purse" video)
And here is a link to the pic: http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n297/vanessajhaime/bag.jpg
Yeah the bottle is quite small for the Maybelline Foundation, but then again it's perfect for traveling or in your purse, and I guess because it's only $9 it's the size that it is, phooey!
I apply it with a foundation brush.
Omg I am so tempted to get the shower oil after reading your review! Arrrgh! :P
Post a Comment