
I went to B&N last night to check out some GMAT prep books. Of course, I had to accidentally wonder next door to TJMaxx. Ever since I discovered this discount store offer beauty product, I've been a somewhat frequent visitor.
There wasn't anything that caught my eyes, plus almost everything was opened and tested every single dirty paw out there. So just I was about to leave, I saw this white box that's secured in a plastic cover. Hmm... what is it that need extra security? It was hard to find the description of this product, since it only has wording on one side of the box.
Prada Exfoliating Concentrate/Face
Ah, I see. Some gimmick by a fashion house. Then I looked at the price, I get a kick out of seeing how much discount everything is in that store. Originally $65, and now it's Red Marked in $15!! Holly cow, that's a huge discount! I snatched it with the quickness thinking I'm a exfoliating whore anyways, so why does it matter I'm spending another $15 on something I will always need. =)
So here is the info from Neiman Marcus, Click for more info
Visibly re-texturize skin with Exfoliating Concentrate/Face, a potent resurfacing treatment. FOR: Dull, devitalized skin.
FUNDAMENTALS: • A highly concentrated serum with 10% alpha hydroxy acids to biologically help accelerate cell turnover and smooth out epidermal layers, while moisture keeps skin soft and supple.
TEXTURE: Crystal clear serum.
USE ALSO: Reviving Bio-Firm Moisture SPF 15/Face during the day.
WARNING: Not for sensitive skin. Avoid eye area. Always apply an SPF product prior to sun exposure.
ASSURANCE: Dermatologist tested.
AMOUNT: 10 mono doses—individually sealed packages that keep out light, air, and bacteria. Hygienic and fresh. Each mono dose is .04 ounce.
And the listed price is $130 on NM website. I almost fell over and cracked my head open. Who the hell in their right mind would buy something that small for $130? I could barely justify spending $15 on something I don't even know if it will work, let alone $130. What have this world come to?
My verdict:
The size of the mono dose is the size of a cigarette butt. It's clear runny serum with a twist open cap (so you can't close it and save it for next time). On the box it says, for the first 7 doses, rinse off in 15 minutes. For the next 7 doses, leave on.
First of all, it only got 10 packets in there. Secondly, who leaves 10% AHA concentrate on their face over night? Maybe I should try it since it didn't really sting me when I put it on. But I had to wash it off after 15 minutes, it gives my skin that "I can't breath" feeling, and slimy and runny feeling.
Nevertheless, IT WORKS. I don't know how it is compare to other AHA products, but it did make my skin feel smoother and softer. It's just I can't handle the price tag. It gives me that feeling of use the Philosphy Microdelivery Peel PAD (not the 2-step one). Like, it kind of burns you a little bit, but leaves you feeling smoother. I'd say Prada gives me a gentler feeling, I could take the 15 minutes wait.
Point of the story is, TJMaxx got some real good discount on gimmick high fashion brand beauty prodcuts. I got a 88% off the real price tag.
What's your biggest discount item?

No comments:
Post a Comment