Monday, March 24, 2008

Beauty Review: Shiseido Hydro-Powder Eye Shadow


Went to a Korean store to pick up a Shiseido Eyelash Curler, cus my Shu one is getting old and started to pinch. But there is a promotion, if I bought 2 items I could get a cute little gift bag stuffed with samples. Argh! I hate it when they do that!

So I picked up the Hydro-Powder E/S in H2 since I've heard a lot of hype about them in the past. I'm not a big Shiseido makeup fan, cus I think it's for "foreigners" and "older woman", but their other sub-brands are awesome though! Maquilla or something that replaced PN is my favorite, but they can only be purchased in Asian or Europe, boohoo...

Anyways, I tried it out as a primer base, just like how I use the MAC paintpot in Bare Study. But I think it's a bit too shimmery and glittery for my taste. The texture is soft, smooth and easy to spread. It's just that big chuncks of shimmer, reminds me of back in the days how I used to sprinkle glitter and shimmer on my face b4 I head out to the club. A little more subtle would fit my taste more.

However, I won't totally diss it and keep it as a back up for when I wanna put more dramatic make up on. I think it'd be a great cheek bone highlighter too, cus the texture is so smooth. Overall, I think it's a great product for girls that loves shimmers. I got the pearly white one, maybe the colored ones are better in terms of shimmer?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going up to Boston on a last minute notice *ahem, H*, just for one day. I'm gonna take the train, which is a first for me. Should be fun - I brought my GMAT books and a Japanese magazine (Ray), so I can alternate between studying and magazine studying, lol.

Have a great weekend everyone!!! NYC is finally warming up!!! Yippie~

No comments: