The Pssssttt dry shampoo is soooo coool! I want to use it everyday, but it's not necessary. It smells very refreshing, but not overpowering. The cool blast of air freshens your scalp, however, one time I think I sprayed it too close to my scalp and there was these white cast on my hair. I got so scared, I thought it was like a white paint that won't come off. But once you thoroughly brush your hair from root to end, the white cast will go away. It doesn't really POOOF my hair up and gives me a whole lot of volume, but I just feel cleaner. Definitely worth the money if you are like me, always running late in the morning, and hate dealing with flat and greasy hair.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This weekend my parents came back from China. So I went home and stayed there for 2 days, just to spend some time with them. There are a lot of drug stores around where my parents live, so I did my much needed drug store brand haul. I went in with the intention of buying some cold medicine since I've been sick for almost a week now and came out with these..
Left to right:
- Pssssssssssssst Instant Spray Shampoo
- Eye shadows: Milani Wet Dry Eye Shadow in #11 Beach Sand, L'Oreal HIP Concentrated Shadow Duo in Spirited and Sassy
- Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel
- St. Ives Protective Cleanser SPF10 infused cleanser
- Ardell Brow and Lash Growth Accelerator
- Vichy Norma Derm Anti-Imperfection Care Night
I have been searching for a good dry shampoo for a while now. I don't wash my hair everyday and some times I could go on 3 days w/o washing my hair, I know, ewww... but my hair only looks good I blow dry it in the morning and knowing me, I over sleep everyday.
Usually designer brand dry shampoo cost around $20 at sephora and Pssssstttt is only $7. I sprayed on the root of my hair on the 3rd morning of not washing hair, I guess it did a good job at refreshing my scalp. It had a nice fresh scent and the feeling is basically like a aerasol spray of nothing, there was no stiffness, no crunchiness, just a nice blow of cold air.
The liquid leaked out when I brought the dry shampoo home, I guess you are not supposed to lay it down, otherwise it'd leak? well, it didn't stain anything, it's like those keyboard sprays, just felt cold and dry. not bad for $7 for a freasher hair on a late-to-work morning.
I've heard a lot of hype over the HIP eye shadow duos, they had a BOGO sale, so I napped Spirited and Sassy. To me, Spirited is not pigmented enough and the colorr came off rather sheer, not my cup of tea, consider the shimmer in it is minimum too. Sassy is a lot better in terms of pigmentation and theh color is nicer too, purple and green, i think i can work with that in everyday looks.
Miliani Wet and Dry Shadow in Beach Sand is something I've wanted to try since Vanessa mentioned on her blog. Then Muse compared it to the Vincent Longo's Wet and Dry shadow, which cost like $28 each. This one for $6 is good enough for me. Very VERY shimmery, I think I can only use it on clubbing nights, too much for day time look, but when used wet, it gives a nice foil as well. I tried layer a dry layer on top of the wet one and definintely gave me a more intensed color pay off. I likey for $6.

Vanessa has a way to get people lemming something like a Chafing Relief Gel, only she can do it, I tell ya. lol. I looked high and low for this one, not easy to find and definitely not easy being in the adult diaper and yeast infection cream aisle for longer than 15 seconds. I made a mental note to tell the cashier I was getting it for my grandma if she asks. Seriously though, who'd ask? Silly me.
Supposedly, this is comparable to the expensive silicone based primers, but the texture is much runnier. I tried it on and felt it sink into my skin quite quickly and gave that "smooth" Smash Box primer feeling, without the "my pores can't breath" feeling. It controled shine to a certain extend and didn't irritate my skin. Pretty good for $8. I think I can stick with it for a while, but it's just.. it's a Chafing Relief gel you know? I'm gonna need to think of some other packaging to store this. I'm a package whore i know.
For detailed review, check out Vanessa's blog.
Have you guys ever tried the Freeze 24/7 Ice Shield SPF infused cleanser? It's $42. INSANE! I got a sample of that stuff before I pulled out my wallet and thank god I did! The texture of the Ice Shield cleanser is like a thick thick cream that doesn't foam nor spread. Such a pain to use that to wash your face, especially when you feel even dirtier AFTER you've washed your face with that crap.
Don't worry my ladies, I've found a cheaper and better alternative for easy sun protection. St.Ives Element released a few new products, everything else is a yawn for me, scrubs, olive oil cleanser, whatever, not interested. However, the Protective Cleanser with SPF10 sounds interesting. It's priced at $7.50ish, but I got $2 off with my Duane Reade card, $6, not bad.
Unlike the Freeze 24/7 Ice Shield cleanser, this cleanser actually foams a bit and does a pretty good job at cleansing my face in the morning. I usually use Cetaphil in the morning, I don't want to get that tight overly dry feeling after I wash my face in the morning. Also, it's better to cut back on the cleansing in the morning to retain the moisteriouzer from last night, so you don't need to slather on more lotion and make your face oilier.
This cleanser have a texture that's similiar to a face lotion, however, if you add some water and work it in circular motion, it will foam a little bit, not so much as a gel cleanser though. It smells very light with a clean and fresh scent, I don't know what it is, but it definitely brings a smile on my face when I washed my face this morning. After you wash off the cleanser, the feeling is sort of like Cetaphil but a tad bit on the "squeeeky"side, however, my skin felt softer with this one.
Overall, I love this product and I hope my face will like it too by not getting irritated.
Last but not least is VICHY. Vichy is a brand originated in France and sold exclusively in pharmacies only. I first learned about this brand in China; they were sold in the big chain pharmacies in Beijing when I worked there. Vichy Thermal Spring Water is their star ingredient and is infused in all of their products. There are two other brands always being sold along with Vichy: Avene and La Roche-Posay, both are French brands and again, known for their thermal spring water.
I thought they were only sold in Europe and Asia but suprised to find it here in the States, however, I believe it's only sold thorugh CVS. They have a corner exclusively for "higher end" brand like this and Lumene? Supposedly there is a beauty consultant there during the day to give you advise. not a big fan of SA, so I was glad she wasn't there. I took some samples for myself and picked the Norma Derm Night Anti-Imperfection Lotion to add to my night regiment.
I don't do much to take care of my pores, expect for squeens the black heads out of my nose every other week, I know it's bad, but believe me, no nose strip in the world can do half as a good job as me. I personally believe pores cannot be closed, once it gets to that size, it will stay that size. It's your job to clean it and keep it clean of serbum and build up, which causes black heads.
This lotion promoised to shrink pores, keep it clean and will not allow serbum build up. I don't believe in any of that, but I liked the texture of the lotion. It's a little mattifying, which I think is unnecessary at night, but it's a pretty nice feeling. Also, I liked the scent. So fresh. Love it. Will update on how it actually keep my skin "clear".
I hope everyone had a nice Eastern weekend. Mine was good except that I was sick and couldn't do much. Also, Daisy had a fever and infection, so I had to take her to the vet. Sigh. Another $150 . I swear I need to buy pet insurance for her, so darn expensive to see a vet!

5 comments:
Lovely haul! I love the dry shampoo thing, I feel you on not washing the hair, the most I can go is 2 days or I start to look really oily and I hate it, but makes my hair look nice! LOL.
And glad you liked the chafing gel and LMAO on not wanting to linger in that aisle for too long! I was the SAME way!
I missed ya! Too bad we didn't run into each other, hopefully next time I am in NY! Spotlight sucked so I just walked around Times Square and bought some souvenirs!
I don't know how you deal with the cold! LOL props to you girl! I am spoiled by Cali weather!
hi. love your blog.
i wanted to try that st. ives cleanser. thanks for the review.
i actually like the squeaky feelings so i might try that one. i'm so curious if it would really work.
that cleanser looks soooo cool omg! I want to try it eeee. Never heard of concept like that before. I wonder how effective the spf is though hmm
I've never heard of a dry shampoo before... Interested! I'll search for that Pssst stuff now. I get really lazy about washing my hair sometimes, but I MUST. It's so bad for my hair though...
Hi!
I love your blog :D
Vichy is a nice skincare brand, quite popular here in Spain. I´ve used several products and they all worth the money.
Oh, I wanted to thank you for linking my blog to yours. Maybe you would like to know that I have a new domain where I´m posting as always, it´s www.thepunkcat.es . :D If you could change the link it would be very nice.
Thanks!
PS: Love your dog! It´s a beauty!
Eru:3
Post a Comment