Monday, March 31, 2008

The funny things you read in blogs

I love blogging and all the fun comes with it. I can learn about first hand experiences in everything, which is fantastic, given the writer have no conflict of interest in anything. However, what I enjoy the most are the personal blogs, people just randomly blabing about their lives.

I like them because they are so real. I see a bit of myself in every blog I come across and think to myself "god, I feel like I just went through that!" Especially the ones in college or near high school graduation (not so much the latter, but I can remember a bit of the SAT horror stories). Koodle to those pushing through this competative world; it ain't easy out here, whatever that you hear about the working world is true.

HOWEVER, let me just say this w/o being too critical, if you think you know everything while still trying to tackle the SAT, then you are dead ass wrong. The little internships or "work experience" that YOU think you are getting is *excuse my language, I know I'm talking to minors here* BULL FUCKING SHIT.

There is nothing annoys the hell out of me than little bitches thinks they know every single fucking thing in the world because they spend their daddy's money on designer bags and clothes and worships Lauren Conrad with a shrine of all episodes of "The Hills". Just think of "My Sweet Sixteen" girls and their constant nagging of "daddddddddddyyyyy.... more money...... dddddaaaddddddddddyyyyyyy...... give me a car........ shut up mom, no one's talking to you... dadddddddyyyy... i want a Rolex..... dddddaaadddddyyyyyyy can you tell mom to shut up?"

I've met my shares of international students in my college, filthy rich Middle Eastern oil heirs who probably own half of the country, Japanese princes who's got limos dropping him off at school, and worse of all, turns out to be, my own kind, Chinese mainlanders. Mind you, I grew up with a fairly comfortable lifestyle, but the thing is, my parents are very humble and modest, therefore, i turned out alright, i.e. I did not have a brand new Benz as my very first car. I was like a normal kid and drove a Honda.

It just fucking annoys the shit out of me seeing these little kids 16 or 17 years old, spending $300 on a pair of shoes and talking about they earn their own money. Give me a fucking break and stop lying about your McDonald $5/hr pay. what did these kids come from? seriously. you know, you can't blame them, they came from a broken family and their daddy's fucking someone else in China now, while their mom have no jobs here and sole purpose of being here is for this good for nothing kid. yea, ya really can't blame those little fuckers being fucked up in the head.

They should just go sit in a corner, wipe their tears with pages of Vogue and call their daddy to send more money, so they can pack their bags and go back to China for a summer. So they can see their "friends" who grew up as fucked up as them, and praising each other over the whatever name brand shit they've got dripping over their bodies.

True story: Chinese mainlander international student, went to the same college as me, didin't go to work immediately after college, instead she spent 1 yr studying for the GMAT. In that one yr, she lived in an expensive neighborhood in Boston ($2500 per month rent), paid by daddy, GMAT classes paid by daddy, got a live-in boyfriend that daddy didn't know about, for one whole damn yr. And guess what? Still got 500's in GMAT, decided to fuck MBA, and go to work. Worked for 1 yr, lived in NYC, her salary wasn't bad, yet she still needed daddy to pay for her $3000 a month rent, and the salary she earned? Burberry, Chloe, Chanel, Anna Sui, every single fucking store in Soho knew her on a first name basis. After 1 yr, she decided working is too hard, too boring, not getting paid enough (her salary was in the 50's), quits her job. Goes back to Beijing and chills there for 4 months, got some kind of hook up from DADDDYYYY.. and went to Columbia for grad school. Her explanation? Daddy told her working is too hard, she shouldn't work. So daddy got some connection with the National Normal University or something that had a program being taught in Columbia, and she took the offer to go study, hmm.. in what you ask? urben city policy? WTF does that have to do her work experience? (she's an accountant). Needless to say, she's almost done with her "master's" now and she's wondering again if she'll ever be happy working or go back to Beijing and find someone to get married with. But oh wait no, she probably wants to stay here ,cuz of all the true religion jeans and YSL bags that's easily obtainable.

I'm still great friends with her. I don't think she knows how fucking annoying she is and she's blindsided by all the fucking $$$ she sees everyday. I'm cool with that, cus to me, I pity these kind of people. Who will never find passion in their lives and live an empty life filled with money. I even went to her Beijing house and chilled there for a day. She's got a personal driver, courtesy of Daddy, a cook, a maid, and a big ass house with no body in it. I met her parents and we had dinner, but I felt that she was so much closer to the maid and the driver. Her parents doesn't even know who she is.

all her parents did was, here, take the platinum card and buy what you want, go to Sanya for a week, relax there, take whoever you want, i won't be home for the next month cus I have business trips all over the place, but you can use the driver and the maid. i will tell my assistant to book you a ticket if you want to go. by the way, i kept your studio in NYC, i don't want you to go through the agony of finding another one once you go back (god knows when), so yea, you don't have to worry, ok? I love you.

fucking pathetic. well, ok, i can't bash her that bad, my parents gives me plantinum cards when i'm in china too, and yes they do buy me plane tickets to go places, and yes they do tell their assistant to go shopping with me, lol. but that's only in china. and plus their assistant is my cousin, so that doesn't count.

anyways, back to bashing - these people will never know what it is to have a dream and chase that dream, they will never know the joy of having a dime or the pain of losing it, cus daddy's got them covered. they think they live in vogue and can copy cat Devil Wears Prada, so fucking sad! But the thing is they will never know how pathetic they look.

Just like my parent's friend, who's living in the biggest freaking townhouse in ShenZhen and own the biggest real estate there, billionares, have everything in the world, gold plated everything in the house (which is really tacky by the way), and yet they are so unhappy. they tell my parents how thankful they are for helping them through hard times, yet they ask us how we can be comfortable in life, though we have so much and yet we can manage to keep it to ourselves. Why don't we get 3 Mercedes, we can afford it. Why don't they buy me a loft in NYC, cus my parents can afford it. They ask us these question and I think they are just being fucking ridiculous, WHY DO MY PARENTS HAVE TO GIVE ME ANYTHING??? I'M FUCKING 24 YEARS OLD, WORKING IN AN INVESTMENT BANK, EARNING MY OWN MONEY, WHY DO THEY NEED TO DO ANYTHING FOR ME?

Sometimes i think these people don't deserve to live, but then again, what a great comedy watching them living out a pathetic life. Life wouldn't be so fun to live if you can't watch them idiots living out a black comedy right?

aaahhhh... what a great afternoon pick-me-up. Thanks for reading. I might delete this once I get home, cus my hunnie will say I've pulled out my shot guns too many times. lol.

11 comments:

Fabuless Beauty said...

Hello, I just stumbled across your blog and I feel you about this post..hehe. Living in LA, I see tons of young teens buying stuff more than they could ever afford. But they can afford it, because of their mommy and daddy..lol. I have cousins in middle school and they have friends that carry LV, Coach and Juicy bags. Designer bags that I don't even own!

Anyways, I noticed from your previous posts that you're studying for the GMAT. I've been considerig taking the GMAT, but have not been very discliplined in studying...

Anonymous said...

Just shows you can be anything you want in the world. You can live off other people or you can build your own value.

I'm seriously getting it together and job searching now. Was kind of down about how some people have it so easy - connections through family etc. But ya know what.. i don't need that shit!

Thanks for writing this =))

"these people will never know what it is to have a dream and chase that dream, they will never know the joy of having a dime or the pain of losing it, cus daddy's got them covered. they think they live in vogue and can copy cat Devil Wears Prada, so fucking sad! But the thing is they will never know how pathetic they look."

keep it real!

Anonymous said...

"assistant is my cousin" Gosh that's awkward.

Wow, you're angry. But I see what you mean. But then I'm also jealous of you. I guess it depends where you're at on the totem pole. The have-nots will always be upset about those who have whether they are deserving or not. Life isn't fair. Why are you friend with that girl anyways?

Viii小公主 said...

As a fellow Chinese Mainlander (from Beijing) I found that I could relate to this post quite a bit. I go to a high school in Vancouver, Canada where 80% of the school population is nouveaux-riches Mainlander kids. However, not all Mainland kids are like that. Some of us work very hard for stellar grades in school and we do intern at reputable companies (not MacDonald's) and we actually learn instead of just spending parents' money. I do admit many of us emotionally suffer from our parents' marital problems but by no means are we "fucked up in the head". At least most of us aren't. Although I find your article very blunt yet interesting, I still think you're stereotyping to some extent.

CuttiBeBe said...

fabu-less: i see 12 yr olds in nyc subway carrying LV purses, wearing seven jeans and a side kick sticking out of their back pocket. i've always wondered if their parents are still adopting, i could be the cute little chinese girl, =)
i totally feel you on the self discliplinary studying, VERY VERY HARD. hence, why i'm blogging now. lol.

KT - hi girlie, it's never too late to start, as long as you don't give up. i know how it feels when you see who's uncle or family friend could get them a job, and you think to yourself, why don't i have that? why is it so unfair?
to be honest, i think i could have used my parent's resources more when i was in college, but i've made a promise to myself, no matter what, i will not have them say, they GAVE me my job, therefore, handed down my future for me.
i didn't get a job until end of april, don't worry, you still have time. be proactive, don't settle for less, but know when the limit is pushed. i think you've got great potential, being from MIT and all.
anonymous - yea i know, assistant/cousin/friend, she just help my parents take care of some office stuff, the house, etc when they are gone. plus she gets paid. so win-win. =P
i agree that my jealous/hatred of those people come from me thinking they don't deserve it. if i think they deserved it, i'd respect that and admire them for achieving goals in life, either way i guess? it's either that they are really messsed up, or i'm just fucked up in the head, but i'd like to think i'm alright and they are stupid.

viii - point well taken. i'm stereotyping. interesting enough, i'm volunteering to mentor high school kids in a very "diversified" high school in NYC. i know the working hard part to get good grades and like i said, it's competative out there. everyone went through that. i did, as well. i believe my parents could have done more spoilage on me, but they didn't. at the time, i hated them, because i worked ever since i was 14, bakery, kiosk stands in the mall, office jobs, baby sitting jobs, you name it, i did it. every summer, everyday after school i tutored lower school kids, did charity work for churches. however, i gave my money to my parents. it was unfair and what not at the begining, but i see their point now. people in my high school usually had parents who were doctors, marketing execs of revlon, or own investment firms. i went to the same private school as paris hilton by the way, i know, so random, i didn't even know until 2 yrs ago, someone had to hunt me down to tell me that. but anyways, long story short, them kids got into princeton, harvard, and georgetown, but ALL OF THEM snored cocaine, dropped acid, did ectasy. no joke, in front of me, even asked me to take a X. how do they get these? b/c of all the cash their parents throw at them. at any given time i went to pick up my friends to go out for dinner, their parents gave them $500. i got $50 max. that's including dinner, movie, the snacks and the gas. you know, usual high school hang out stuff.
but anyways, my point is, no matter how "successful" someone is in high school, they are still a teenagers and there are so much in the world they don't know about, and money, to say the least, is the root of all evils, yet everyone chases after those luxury, and yet don't seem to understand how hard it is for someone in a developing country to just have enough to eat for the day.
anyways, i don't even know where this whole conversation is going anymore. if i offended you, sorry, it's a blog, people say shit and state opinions. i was just being mean and judgemental. don't we all sometimes? =)

Anonymous said...

AMEN sister! Preach on!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your encouragement :). I'll keep updating you! Your trip is comin up right?? Lucky...Cause the weather still sucks here! haha.

CuttiBeBe said...

lastoneout - thanks for dropping by sista~

KT - yes, i'm leaving Friday morning to the sunny Cancun *finger crossed no tropical storm*. weather in the northeast is so weird these days. humid, rainy, yet still manage to be freezing cold. can't wait till July.

anaymous - i forgot to answer your last question. i'm still friends with that girl, because i don't believe in making friend with only the people that has the same background as me. i can't hate or "de-friend" her for something she can't change. she couldn't choose where she came from, and enviornment shaped people in different ways, you know? it'd be boring as hell if all of my friends were the same as me, and we have the same POV on everything. as long as nothing is fundamentally wrong with her (i.e. she uses her daddy's money to do heroine), i'm ok with being friends with someone like that. i have friends who are from the ghetto, lives in the projects and are the first college gradates of their family. i'm cool with that, even though i've never been to a wal-mart in my life until they took me to one. if they are ok with me hanging with them, i'm absolutely ok with being around different people and learn from the different walks of life.

m said...

I love the honesty of this entry. I was so surprised when my friend came back from Shanghai and told me all about the spoiled little kids, her cousin included (I've never been overseas). I always thought the great thing about Chinese people was that we are modest and humble, but clearly, times have been changing. If you ask me, it's probably a result of the influence of two nearby countries, one of them being ridiculously superficial and materialistic, combined with nouveau riches. It's going to be very sad when the generation of spoiled brats grow up and don't know how to make a living for themselves. What are they going to do without mommy and daddy?

sweetwisdom said...

i see those people that you were talking in my high school and college. those rich bitches that doesn't give a shit.

Fei said...

I read this post a while ago, but haven't commented til now... I totally see what you mean about rich Chinese kids who use their family's money without a care. I HATE that! They have the money to get into great schools and after they graduate NOTHING! They don't want to work! What a waste of flesh and space...