Thursday, July 24, 2008

Baltimore and Hiking


For 4th of July weekend, we went down to Baltimore with some friends for the sole reason of eatting crabs for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day for 2 days. Nice idea on Sat. morning, not so much on Sunday night.


Baltimore blue crabs comes in a few sizes, small, medium, large, and jumbo. The ones you see in the pictures are large, b/c if a crab is too big, it tends to be flavorless. Comes in dozens or half doznes. Steamed with Old Bay seasoning PILED on top of the crabs. They were really good and it doesn't fill you up, so you can keep on eatting and eatting. Every place has their own blend of the Old Bay seasoning or other kind of seasonings. I like them better with ginger and scallion, asian style.

Family goofy picture in the hotel room. and a FOTD. I feel like all my FOTD looks like the same. I wish I knew how to "blend" eye shadows. *pout*

Bear Moutain Storm King Trail. It was so hot and dry that day up in the moutains. We got there around 11:30am and the sun was beating down at us. By the way, I didn't know hiking meant you had to use your hands! Look at the steepness of that trial, we ended up doing some rock climbing style shit. That's me in the orange pants and blue tank top. I always worry people can't find me in the snow or moutain if I get hurt, it's a phobia I guess? But better bright than sorry right?
We got a really good work out from that 1 hr hike. My arms and back was sore. Next time I'm going with cargo pants, the sweat pants was way tooo hot. And I'll need to get a bandana to keep the hair and sweat out of the way. Sometimes I wonder, why I need all these gear for. Them immigrant smuggler goes through hell without a bandana and they be climbing under bridges and shit, why can't i do it? What can I say, a girl's gotta look fly righ~~~
Resturant Week photos coming up. Megu tonight. YIPPIE.. japanese foood!


4 comments:

fuzkittie said...

I love me some MD crabs! Yum~

jing said...

I looooove crabs! Even though I'm kinda allergic to it, so I can only eat a little before I start itchin'.

You don't need all that eyeshadow to do an fotd. I find your style is minimal, natural yet elegant and it enhances your features. You're always glowy and healthy, gosh that's what I wanted my skin to look like, so I wish I could fake it with makeup. My skin is still not healing, so with my face as a base, it's not a really good canvas. I end up needing more coverage, making it look cakey.. Still wondering if I should invest in that shiseido corrector. In short, make people like me more jealous of your flawless and glowy skin.

LOL. But that's smart of you for wearing bright colors!

na said...

Yum! Those crabs look delicious.

How'd you like hiking? I'd love to get my ass kicked in nature instead of a gym, but I have no idea where I could go hiking in LA, lol.

Anonymous said...

OMG- I live in DC and I go to that place every summer! Isn't it great? There's a little wharf nearby to get ice cream and little firecrackers.