Sunday, July 20, 2008

FOTD and MAC Power Kohl Test Run

Holla mis chicas. How was your weekend? NY was so hot and humid, thank goodness we didn't go hiking again, as the temperture was in the 100's! What we did do, instead, is lounge by the pool again, making good use of my the mortgage and maintance fee I pay every month.

Pure bliss.. though it is a waste of property, building a pool in such a prime location with a view of the city. Hey, I ain't complaining.


On to the more important things... FOTD! yipppie.. I tested out the MAC Power Kohls in this FOTD. But here are what I used...
Face:
MAC Prep and Prim
MAC Studio Fix in C35 with EDM Flat Top brush
MAC Blush in Peachkeen
MAC MSF in Golden Global
Eyes:
VS Liquid Shadow in Stay Delicate
Hard Candy e/s Palette, a gold/yellow color
MAC Power Kohl, Feline for upper liner, tightlining and water line, Orpheus on lower lash line
Shiseido Lash Base
L'Oreal Volumious Natural
Shiseido PN Eyebrow pencil
Lip:
MAC lipstick in Syrup
Lancome Juice Tube in Autumn Jasmine (Maharani Jewels collection, review coming soon)



We went to Flushing for some pho, then headed to Nordstrom to check out the Anniversary Sale. Believe it or not, I didn't grab anything from the beauty department except for the new Chanel mascara, Exceptionnel De chanel, which is the king daddy of sucky McSuck of all macaras I've ever tried, more on that later.
Taken 5 hours after I first applied my makeup. The lip you see is by MAC lipglass in Prrr.. Which I'm thinking about getting for my B2M. You likey?
EDIT: DOES ANYONE THINK PRRR LOOKS TOO PALE ON ME? How does Prr and Nymphette compare? They look similar but I didn't like the gold shimmer in Nymphette, but Prr has too much silver, which in turn makes my lips too pale.

this is how the Power Kohl held up for 5 hours.. in my opinion.. not very good. It has transfered onto my lid 2 hrs after application and everythnig on my lower lash line and water line is GONE. i'm sorry to report that MAC Power Kohl is not the answer to your waterproof eyeliner prey. It is, however, an exceptional great tool to create the smokey eye look. The e/l went on so soft and smooth, that I was able to smudge it and wing it a bit with an e/l brush (anything that you'd use with a gel/liquid liner). If you want that dark sultry cat eye or smokey eye look, I believe this power kohl is a must have in your book, but as far as hot summer nights are concerned, this little baby doesn't hold up the power.
I'm still keeping my purchases, I know they'll come handy in fall.

3 comments:

fuzkittie said...

Your face looks immaculate~ so smooth and glowy, love it!

I wanna see how much that mascara sucks, lol! I got a sample with my powder purchase but I had already read a bad review on it, hahaha. I still have yet to try it though.

DiorShow's Iconic is AMAZING, plus the packaging is awesome. It's so easy to use and doesn't clump!

jing said...

You've got one awesome view of the city. Yay, another natural look! Prr looks great, so no it's not too pale at all. Thanks for the review on Kohl Power, I needed something for the waterline and tryin to check different pencil eyeliners. Gotta take this one of my Try list.

na said...

I got the kohls when they first came out, but they didn't even last an hour on me, which was kind of sad considering the MA blatantly lied to my face and told me they'd be okay on oily skin, lol.

I think Prrr looks great on you - I wasn't too impressed by Nymphette at all.