After hiking Bear Moutain (came back half way b/c someone's knee was hurting.. *ahem* H) We decided to treat ourselves and dropped by Woodbury Outlet, which was half hr away. I was feeling sweaty, dirty and fat, so didn't even look at any clothes. But this wallet from YSL caught my eyes.
I think I've mentioned before my IT bag for 2007 was the YSL downtown, which I saw in the silver color leather in HK TST and stupid ol' me didn't get it. Now it's sold out and so out of style, b/c everyone and their mom's got one in different leathers in NYC. Long story short, my lemming for a new wallet was kicking, I have been nagging about getting a new long wallet for a while, hoping to let my LV Vernis Continental take a break.
The wallet is designed after the Downtown in my favorite leather finish, silver calf skin, I remember a SA told me that silk were infused in it. Sounds interesting, but whatever, I just like the metallic silver with a hint grey. It's big, roomie, got enough compartments for my cc, cash, ferry tickets, train tickets, bus tickets, coins and can even fit my IPHONE IN IT! So on lunch breaks, I don't have to juggle my iphone, wallet and ID card, everything fits in this little baby.
Original price as told by SA is $530, got it for $239. Actually H got it for me, tehehehe... a payback for backing out of hiking half way.

How can one go to an outlet w/o hitting the CCO. Nothing interested me too much there, as I have WAY TO MUCH OF EVERYTHING in my house. Plus I rarely wear makeup these days.
Here is what I got: Pigment in Sweet Sienna, Blush in Emote, Studio Fix in C4 and the Microfine Refinisher scrub. There was a free gift with purchase over $60 and I got the Bobbi Face Kit, which includes travel size lotions and eye cream and a trael size foundation brush.
I have been putting my makeup in a ziplock bag these days, b/c I get so frustrated with finding the right GWP makeup bag to fit everything on a trip. I came across this little beauty at LeSportac and thought it was just big enough, had 2 layers and cute designs on it. Nabbed it for $28.
Ok. here are the goodies from the SAKS Brushes with Greatness event. There were many counters that had facial, eye brow wax or make overs, it was a huge event spread throughout the store. IT WAS A MAD HOUSE! I over heard an European guy asking the MAC SA to pick out $300 worth of stuff for his gf. He didn't care what they were, what they are used for, just throw them in and put a bow on it. Hunnnieee!!!! You seee~!!!!
The GWP is for purchases over $150. I bought 2 Jo Malone cologne for my coworker, who's getting married this weekend, I picked a scent for her and her new hubby, so that's $100 out the door. I went back there again after work to spend the last $50 to make the GWP mark.
The gift. I put a MAC MSF next to it to let you see the size of this Stephanie Johnson makeup bag. It's huge! I love it!!! I love Stephanie Johnson make up bags!
There are about 20 goodies in there. Maybe you can see it better if you click on it to enlarge. Aside from the decadents and travel size shampoos, there were a full size MAC Lipstick in Syrup, Full size Lancome Lipstick in Vintage Rose, Ted Gibson hair sheet, Chanel Sublime eye cream in deluxe travel size, LM powder Eye Kohl in Black Ebony, and many many more. Every counter threw in some of their best sellers in deluxe size, it is not your average GWP size stuff, which made the $150 seems not so bad.
To make up the $50 I picked up the 3 Power Kohl Eye liners from MAC Starflash Collection, which they had out for just that day. I've always heard about Feline and how it was the blackest black. It didn't disappoint and I picked up 3 out of the 4. Sorry I didn't pick up any e/s, as I'm not a e/s person, but I heard the e/s for this collection had a special texture, which i didn't even get to swatch for you guys, sorry!!!
There was Feline, Mystery and Orpheus and another color that had red/pink shimmer, I skipped as I don't use any red/pink e/l. The color from above, left to right: Power Point in Prussian, Power Kohl in Mystery and Orpheus. I LOVE ORPHEUS! It's so soft and shimmery. It's a gold-ish bronze color. Love how it just shines!


Left to right: MAC Power Kohl in Feline - Lancome Le crayon khol in Raisin Noir - L'Oreal Carbon Black Pencil Perfect - Giorgio Armani - MAC Nightsky Softsparkle eye pencil
I totally see how black it is and the texture of this pencil is really really soft and smooth. I haven't tested it out yet. But from experience, soft pencils usually runs like a mofo. But then again, some people say Feline stay on their waterline all day. So I'll have to see about that this wknd, when do I some FOTD.
Mac Lipstick in Syrup. It's a Lustre texture. Pink Mauve -ish color. Not bad. I'm going to play around with this color and some lipglosses, might be a HG, who knows?
It is Friday!!! WOHOOO! the boss is working from home today. So I'm out of here by 5pm. This wknd, i have nothing planned. I just want to sit and relax by the pool. Do some FOTD. Go to Nordstrom to check out the sale, maybe? What's on your agenda this wknd?
ciao~

3 comments:
Oh no, poor H, hope his knees are feeling better now.
Yay to haul pr0n! The wallet looks lovely, and for over 50% off?! Lucky girl. I love your CCO haul, I'm surprised Sweet Sienna was never sold out. I thought it the most popular shade in its collection, along with your ladyship. I only have a sample which I haven't even touched until now.
Holy moly, that gift bag is huge! As well as the samples! You're on a lucky strike woman. Usually it only includes a couple or so deluxe sample at most, and the rest are like teeny sachet samples. As if those sachet samples are enough to see a bit of a result! Syrup does look like YLBB. Wouldn't be surprised if it becomes HG. I actually like lustre formula, but it's too sheer for my lips *sigh*. Maybe it depends on the shade, but I've completely given up on it.
Awesome gift bag! You should sell your old wallet...;)
Omg Omg Omg!!! I'm totally going to SAKS today.
I want that makeup bag!!!
Post a Comment