Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Weekend shopping therapy

The weekend before the 4th, we went to Short Hills just to walk around, I really didn't have to buy anything, just wanted to check out the sale at Nordstrom to see the MAC collections. But before we even made it to Nordstrom, I almost emptied my wallet... there were SALES everywhere! Chanel, Burberry, Fendi, and then there is Gucci....

$840 down to $339. A total savings of $501. say whaaaa....



I was told by the SA it's python leather, that's why there are little flakes, b/c the skin needs to breathe... hmmm... I don't know how much to believe her, but I did a little research on it. Gucci's last season's python skin wasn't meant to be a smooth texture to give that exotic look. However, the fall/winter seasons python is treated to be smoother.

I love these shoes for a few reasons. First, they fit like a glove. When do you ever see a size 6 1/2 on sale? last pair left in the entire Gucci group. yea booyyyy... Secondly, the color of gun metal grey is so my thing now. I have to many black and 1 pair of bronze. I've always loved metallic color for shoes, but they tend to be silver or yellow gold, which in my mind, looks tacky most of the time. I love the dark metallics and the CRYSTALLL... awww... the one piece of crystal in the middle is really sparkly. the picture doesn't do it justice. It's an understated spark, just enough to catch your eyes and not look like i'm wear a pair of disco balls. They'd look great at night! Thirdly, the heels aren't crazy high, like my last pair of jessica simpson's. I am not 18 no moe' and i refuse to get bonions from wearing them cute suicide shoes. I used to walk around in 4inch hooker heels like nothing. however, since my style has changed to the classier side *a sign of getting old*, I'm only drawn to comfy sexy heels. plus i'm making more so i can afford more comfortable shoes than chinese laundry. These are about 2 1/2 - 3 inches, which is perfect. and the way the front is designed, my toes arent slipping all over the place and causing unnecessary water bubbles.

Im going to bring them to a shoe repair and have them put protective sole on the bottom. cuz them babies' got leather soles, mama ain't got the heart to scratch them all up. ahhh.. my first pair of shoes that came with its own dust bag. it's funny that now i have such a distorted sense of value. while paying for the shoes, i thought it was $499, since the sticker at the bottom of the shoe only showed the $499 price. I was gong back and forth thinking "is it worth it? should i get it? will i regret it?" The SA was like "it's not returnable, so if u don't like it like that, don't get it. but i bet you anything though, them shoes look crazy hot on you. no matter what you got on rest of your body, but everybody will tell you that chu got some hot shoes on." I was biting on my AE starring at those babies, and then the SA next to her said, "it's $339, they just got another price cut today, see it's right here on the box" before he even finished the sentence, I shoved the AE in the SA's face "CHARGE IT NOW! SWIPE IT BEFORE ANYBODY COMING IN AND SEE THESE!" i swear, God just flew down and took a pen cross that $499 and wrote $339 on it. Someone answered my prayers!

Now i have a pair of shoes that cost more than most of my bags (except for the Prada Fair). I am on a designer brand roll, somebody pls stop me before I go broke. I could totally see myself living out of my car with all of my bags, shoes and make up.



Onto the not so heart stopping hauls. Went to Bloomingdale's to check out the new Prescriptive All Skin Mineral Foundation. They had a special going on, the Mineral Powder Brush was only $17 with the purchase of the Mineral foundation. Got myself the Issey Miyake (my all time fav) dew on a petal summer edition perfume and scored an orange bag, b/c seriously, I need another beach bag.



Spent some of my gift cert from Sephora on Shiseido stuff - Eyelash curler (my second one) and the Mascara base. Recently, I've found out Shiseido's eyelash curler fits my eyes better than the Shu one. So one for the office and one for home. And I rediscovered my T'Estimo treatment mascara base as my new HG in creating full lusicous lashes. Happy to report that the Shiseido Mascara base is pretty good and lives up to the hype.




Got a pair of Maui Jim polarized sunglasses. Actually H was looking for one in the store and I had to be nosy and try some too. that's how that $280 went down the drain. But omg, I totally get the difference between regular glasses and polarized ones now. You can really see the greens, yellows and reds through these glasses. So vibrant. great for driving and outdoors. I'm gonna wear these when I go hiking.

Oh and I bought another Puppy!!!!
lol. jk. that's daisy when she was 5 months old. found this picture and thought she looked like Garfield for a min. I remember this picture so well. She was laying on the coffee table taking a nap, and I was like "Daisy daisy, turn around, daisy!" and she's all like "Whaaatt... momm..." hahaha..

It's almost the end of Tuesday! That's means one more day closer to the WEEKEND! I got my monthly yesterday and it's sooo bad. Cramps, aches and mood swings. Got a little anxiety attack yesterday, but it's ok, i can control it. You know, it's just one of those days where you need to remind yourself what a wonderful life you are living and thankful for all the blessings you have in your life.

I joined the company softball team and went to our first game last night. Even though i've always been the kid that got picked last in dodge ball, I gathered my courage up and joined the intimidating white people game. I'm glad I did, b/c I had so much fun last night and our team WON! 12 - 6! You should have seen the other team, all tall and athletic, can't believe we beat them. Now I just need to practice on my batting on Wii. =)

i'm outtie

6 comments:

fuzkittie said...

OMG those shoes are fabulous, the price is even more fabulous! I want them!!!
Nice hauling~

Unknown said...

you really did some damage here, but those are some sexyyyyyy shoes... it comes with a dust bag! LOL. Man, that's some price cut though! man I don't think I can ever own shoes that expensive... but they are beautiful!!! one day, maybe I'll be able to afford them lol.

Aradani said...

lol "swipe it now!!" that extra price cut was just the right shove you needed to taking the plunge. i'm starting to get into the mindset that good shoes are a wonderful investment and even better when they're on sale. I mean, you go everywhere on your feet so they need extra pampering. I say good for you for buying them!

The Faux Fashionista said...

Great hauls, and Daisy is so adorable :)

The shoes...omg...the shoooesss...*drools* So sexy! I'm totally in love with the "classy sexy" look, so all my purchases lately have been more on the subtle and understated side.

Btw, looking at your pics reminds me that I need a new nose :(

Par said...

Woooo...
It's hard to find the size that you want sometimes...you were lucky!
btw...they look really nice on you.

na said...

I love those shoes. OMG, you have no idea!

Random, but did you know python cannot be bought in CA? lol. Louboutin has a pair of python heels that are ridiculously amazing (but not the $1K price tag...), and apparently, you can't buy them or have them shipped to CA. Random, but it's not like it applies to me because I'm never going to pay $1k for a pair of shoes, haha.