Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Chanel, how I have missed you...

As promised ladies, Chanel, in all its glory.. tada!

The Mystic eye shadow quad is my first made in US one, it's the square one. Apparently, the ones in Asia are round and the ones in US is square, I never knew that, I thought they were different quads. They are actually all the same color, same name, just different shape. I took it out to compare to my round Chanel quads, I personally think there is a difference in texture. Can someone help me to confirm it?
Anyways, the colors were a little different than I thought. I thought the top left brown is more purple judging from the promo images, but they are actually dark cool brown, not exactly what I thought it would be. The bronze and the dove grey is a little bit harder in texture, but the deep brown and the pink is very soft.
I'm actually thinking about returning this quad. The color scheme looked nicer on promo images, but not so much when swatched. I'm not into browns, I like cooler dark tones, like purple, dark gunmetal grey, brown is just too warm IMO.


The lip colors in this collection were either very sheer beige or dark rosey red. But this glossimer really caught my eyes when the SA put on my lips, it's so MLBB color. It's called Rosewood. The texture of glossimer is not something I'm crazy about, but it's great on color payoff, not so much in the shine department, I feel like I need to put another clear gloss over it.


And I got the Teint Innocence compact in Beige. I was thinking about getting the Dual Perfection, but the SA suggested Teint Innocence. When I tried them on side by side on my face, the TI were much superior in pore and discoloration coverage. Also, I struggle with dry patches showing my face when I put on foundation. For some reason, my skin's been getting much drier and I have little flakes on my cheeks, grrrrooooossss...


The compact is pretty thick. It can not be easily stored in my makeup bag. The sponge it came with felt a little hard, I think I need to wash it before using. The design of this compact is pretty cool, you can pop out the foundation and sponge compartment, and just buy the refill, not a lot of western brands offer that.
I haven't tried this foundation on for lasting power yet, I will do a separate review.

No comments: