Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Almost time to say goodbye London...

It's Wednesday night in London. I finished a hard day of work and met up with Jamilla for dinner at Caluccio's in Canary Wharf. I had such a nice dinner with her. She really makes me want to move to London! Oh, and she got a whole lot of goodies from Selfridge's, haha, I'm glad I didn't meet up with her in Selfridge's, otherwise I'd be spending my rent security money today! She's always wearing the shiniest DSK Jewlery. When we were shopping at Westfield's and we saw Swarovski on display, she pointed out to Jamal "honey, see this little thing is 65 pound! look, I got mine from DSK for 20! I'm not that big of a spender!" haha.. she's so funny with her shopping. Wish I had more time to hang out in London. But everything's beautiful because there is an end, right?

My flight home is Friday night 7:30pm. Can't wait to go to Terminal 5 Heathrow Airport to shop at the duty free! Oh, I can go get a free massage or facial from the BA Lounge too! I got a free massage last time, maybe this time i will try the facial. I am so spoiled for flying business everywhere. But this time I'm flying the Boeing 767, which is an older plane, so it's not as comfy. OH wells, i'll know next time to book my flights with the 747 instead.



this is the Marriott Executive Apartment I'm staying at Canary Wharf. It's by West India Quay, which is very close to my work and client site. There is are a lot of bars and resturants in the area. But Canary Wharf is a ghost town on the weekends, oh and everything closes at 7pm. Lame...


Executive Apartment is basically a 1 bedroom apartment with a kitchen and living room. Look at my mom at the kitchen making dinner. I'm so glad she came with me.


This is the living room area..


this is the Thames River.. I could be wrong though, there are so many rivers around here, I'm not sure which is which, hahaa.. they all seems to be connected.. I took this photo while waitting for the train on Sunday to go into Central London. The weather was so gorgeous that day, it's rare to see London in such good light. I almost fell in love..


that's my hotel on the right.. the stripe of lower building are all bars.. it's packed anyday after work... Londoners and their pint of warm beers, geez...
tomorrow is my last full day at work, need to close out some issues with my manager, document my work, go for a drink with my team, and pack my bags. time flies when you are having fun, that is so true! London.. I shall see you again.. =) thanks for treating me so nice this time around..

3 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

CBB, It was FAB meeting with you again!! Glad to see that mom is taking care of you ;-)

Enjoy your night out with the team, enjoy T5 Duty Free, and have a safe flight home!

Syn@3sTh3sI@ said...

talked about Duty Free ! I love duty free items.. hahaha.. but i don't have much chances to shop there... I really like to purchase some Jill Stuarts

Unknown said...

hiya, i just saw your blog from Jamilla's blog! welcome to London (or are you leaving soon?) if not, make sure not to miss Spitalfield market and the surrounding area on sunday.. it is a great place.
xEve