Sunday, July 19, 2009

Back in NY and still feeling the pain..

Got back to NY Friday night, there was a thunder storm in the area, so my flight had to circle around for an extra half an hour before landing. about 10 mins before landing, I felt so sick due to the turbulance, almost threw up. I felt so nervous that the plane was shaking uncontrollably. I know I'm a pretty good flyer most of the time, but this time I was just out of it. I held on to my seat, breathe in breathe out and prayed to God. 
Now it's Sunday morning, I am in my apartment by myself. I got up at 8am, with no one but Daisy by my side. I thought I'd feel better by now, all the anxiety would be gone, but I still kind of feel it. I'm trying to ignore it. It only helps a little..
I'm going to get ready to head out to the city. My roommate made an appt to meet up with a broker to look at apartments. I want to say I'm excited, but I'm not.. Maybe it has hit me yet, but I am moving out soon, to Manhattan. But my mind is so consumed with anxiety, I can't think straight. 
I still feel anxious whenever I need to drive. It's the craziest thought, because I have been driving since 16, up and down Boston to NJ, 4 hour trips, all by myself. Never had a problem with driving, but right now, I feel anxious. Isn't it so weird? 

On a happier note, I did a tiny little bit damage at the Heathrow Terminal 5 Duty Free. I got 2 Guerlain Rouge G, it's only 19.95 pound! got some Clarin lipgloss and double fix mascara, b/c there was a promotion. I will swatch the Rouge G tonight. My skin's been so bad lately, but I did a FOTD today anyways, I will add to this post later on. 

bye for now. time to apartment hunt. 

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Awww, hope you're feeling better. I *hate* turbulence. Good luck with apartment hunting too!

Syn@3sTh3sI@ said...

hahaha... arghh.. i hate turbulance, nauseous feeling is bad. u r a tough girl, not to worry about u're feeling anxious abt driving... sometimes we all do have this kind of weird feeling too..Just like someone u're facing everyday, suddenly u feel this person is like a total stranger to u. Some kind of weird thoughts inside u and it will go away soon. Really love to c ur FOTD soon.

MiuMiu said...

i'd be so freaked out if the plane circled around like that..hehe..i'm probably the last person anyone would want to sit with, plus i gotta take motion sickness pills!
fell better =D

Jamilla Camel said...

HAHA! You got the Rouge G! Good for you!

It was really great to see you in London!

Hang in there and enjoy Manhattan! Let me know how you do.