
Lightful Collection: Lightful Essence
30ml
$40 (Got it @ CCO for $32)
After some prelimilary research, I understand that this collection was an Asia Exclusive in 2006? Then it was available at the Pro Store. In the Asia exclusive collection, they were other items such as the Protective Hydrator, compact foundation and some other color items. This was just relaunched in MAC store with cleasner, softening lotion, essence and a creme.
I first saw this item in the CCO in Woodbury Commons and was looking for a good sunscreen, when I tested the protective hydrator (I mentioned this in my previous post), it was really smooth, light and absorbed quickly. Also, there is a faint flowery scent that's common in Asian skin care lines, definitely a good buy I say. This is hard to admit, but I don't have a set skin care regime and I rotate my skin care products according to what my skin wants. But the protective hydrator has been my stable since then, that says a lot about ANYTHING in my skin care arsenal.
Now, onto the Essence. I finally bought it yesterday at the CCO by my work. I was feeling down and need some retail therapy, I have been eyeing it FOREVER, every time I tested it, I wanted to get it, but it was $32, that's a lot for 30ml. So I waited and waited. Until the lightful line relaunched, I'm like, why would anybody pay $40 to get the same exact thing they are selling at CCO for $32? F this, I'm getting it.
I'm so happy I did! The Essence is a watery serum texture, it's very light and absorbs quickly, however, it stills feel very moisturizing and relieves my winter "dry-on-top and oily-underneath" skin. I feel like I could use less lotion, which is always good, since they take longer to absorb and tend to make my skin get oily faster.
As far as the "whitening" part, like I said before, I don't care about being pale white nor do I really care about tanning my face. whitening products tend to have high acid content that "peels" your skin, that's the whole concept of whitening, so there is no magical lotion out there that makes you whiter, it just peels your skin to reveal brighter skin tone and probably will turn your skin sensitive.
I do notice my skin turning brighter and I look less yellower than before. My makeup looks great with the protective lotion as a base. the consistency of the protective lotion is lighter than strobe cream and the face primer, so it's more like a lotion and doesn't give me that dried out "my face is a canvas" type of feeling.
All in all, I like the lightful line and I think they were an Asia exclusive line for a reason, it suits Asian skin better. I'm thinking about getting the Creme too, but need to finish my Chanel Precision Hydromax first.

No comments:
Post a Comment