
This is exactly how I feel like this morning... Hence the 20 oz dunkin donuts coffee, I hope it'll last me until at least 2pm. It's rainy and gloomy in NYC. Wet, slippery and depressing. I washed Daisy last night and was happy to finally sleep with her in my bed again, cus she's clean. Then what happens at 6:45am? She had diarreah all over my bed and was barfing up 3 inches away from my face. What a nice to wake up. I washed the sheets, clean the mattreess (yes it got stained too), took her out, fed her, washed her again and blew dried her. I was dragging my feet out of the door at 8:15am and was feeling like death by the time I made it to the office.
Me and rain don't mix. Especially when it's been like this in NYC for the past 3 days. My feet is feeling weird (arthritis, maybe) and my stomache feel like having a disco party in there. I'm tired and have the chills. Not sure if this is a cold, but I know my monthly's coming up. Usually I feel like Shit McShitty 2-3 days before. I hope this all goes away soon.
oh and on top of this, my coworker had given me a free ticket to join them for a pre-view of Vince Vaughn's Wild West Comedy Show. I appreciate the gesture and everything, but I just don't feel so hot right now. Of course, the peer pressure is on. If I don't go, they probably won't invite me to anything anymore, maybe won't even talk to me anymore. Office girls tend to be all group-ie. Plus they are both single, living alone, no sick dog with diarreah at home. I probably have like a bathroom full of brown water to clean up once I get home, but they can just lay down and have a glass of wine. But I used Daisy as an excuse way too many times. I get the whole eye rolling thing if I mention my dog again.
What to do, what to do. It'd be easier to hang out with them if they didn't talk about boys every other sentence. I'm younger than them and yet I am more settled. Own a condo, having a steady boyfriend, no exciting ex stories, not out clubbing and getting drunk. Boring it maybe sound, but I'm more focused on life. There's a lot more I want to achieve than just drinking and meeting boys. I want to be a more knowledgeable person, see the world, meet more INTERESTING people (boy talks doens't entice me anymore, maybe when I was in 11th grade.)
Another thing I hate is when people talk about themselves and ONLY themselves. I zone out every single time and seriously don't give a crap about 99.99% of the shit that comes out of her mouth. Talking TO me and talking AT me are 2 completely different things. I happen to be a single child, so I don't do well when people talk about themselves. In my world, only me exist. So if you didn't ask me about my life and talk about the thing I want to talk about, I probably don't want to talk to you.
But yet I hang out with these loser because I HAVE TO. I need to form my little circle of alliance. After all, I am in a war zone. Corporate life is brutal and depressing, but you gotta learn how to survive. I am learning.. and surviving... by tieing myself with the chatter box and admin of my group. You see, chatter box is important, because she will tell me everything and anything I want to hear. Her sole goal in life is not to make friends, but to say everything she wants to say and just none stop talking. She talked to me for 3 weeks when I started and I never knew her name. She talked to me like we were old friends, yet I already feel like why we were "old" friend, cus her big mouth won't shut up and my ears are bleeding. Then the admin, well, you need to friends with the admin in the corporate world. That's the #1 rule of the game. You have to and you need to, at all cost, be your admin's closest friend and you will survive ANYTHING with office politics. You get to hear everything first and you know everyone's gossip.
So should I go hang out with my fake friends or should I go home and blow them off? They are all like "YOU HAVE TO COME! when was the last time you hung out with us?"
Every single fucking day, biatch. If i see you, i consider that hanging out. small talk, that's hanging out. If i hear you or see you or smell you, I noticed your presence, i am hanging out with you.
work/life balance is not balance when i see for more than 8 hours a day.
I hate corp. life.

3 comments:
Ah... I have plenty of friends who like to talk AT me over the phone. Completely boring and and I don't really give a crap about stupid stuff in their lives.
Yes, $3.50 includes all costs. The PayPal email is my bf's (synenergy52@gmail.com), but email me your address at prettylttlthings@gmail.com. I have a couple of orders coming from N.Y. actually. lol
Awww...*hugs* I hope you feel better, physically, mentally and emotionally. Btw, would there be any chance that Ms. Admin might stumble across your blog?
i hope ms.admin doesn't have access to this page. but who knows? I guess we'll find out?! lol..
i ended up going last night despit all that crankiness. it was a good show and i laughed, so that's goood.
Post a Comment