Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Beauty Review: Prescriptives Custom Blend Lip Gloss (Online Order)


I took advantage of the 30% off at Prescriptives.com and ordered a Custom Blend Lip Gloss. I've always wanted to try it since their custom blend foundation worked out so well for me (I didn't buy it b/c it was $60 and they won't even just give me a sample to try it, I mean, they mixed a whole damn jar, might as well give some to me and not waste it? bitches).

The formula I put in is as followed:
Base Color: Light Fuchsia
Finish: Luster (equal parts of pearl and pigment)
Flavor: Bellini

There are only 3 choices you can make online, the base, finish and flavor. Also you get to see a picture of what the outcome would look like.


The cap is a pull off and the tube is soft, so you can squeeze it. I like the applicator, it's big enough for my lips. You can twist the applicator off. I LOVE that it's a twist off, because I am so ready to mix my own lipgloss now. I've always wanted something like this, because some of my tube lipglosses are nice but I hate the applicator, and I've always wondered if I could just squeeze it out to a custom applicator that I like... Since I hate pot lipglosses (always get my finger dirty), I love love love tube lipglosses. Not the ones with wands, there is nothing you can do there - for example, my Kiehl's Lipgloss in Pink Rider is my absolutely favorite in terms of color and textur, but the damn applicator is so small, it takes 3 mins to spread the lipgloss on my lips evenly. hmmm... I see a lipgloss transfering in the near future..


The shimmer is gold, I think it's a little too big for my taste. If I had a choice, I wouldn't choose gold to be put int the fuchsia, so ordinary. The texture is like a very very very sheer lipgloss, reminds me of the ones you get in drug stores, Bonne Belle or something? I used to use those watermelon flavored ones when I was younger.
The Bellini flavor is ok. Not over powering, but at the same time, I wouldn't mind doing without it. It taste like peachy fruity flavor.
Once I wiped the lipgloss off, the gold shimmer was still there, everywhere! on my lips, my chin and around my mouth. I hate those lipglosses!!! It's not tacky enough, no sticking power and definitely won't be in my purse..... until I fix it somehow. I'm looking for a sticky clear or similar color gloss to mix with, so at least the lipgloss won't slide off.

My rating - 2.5 out of 5

It was fun and cool to make your own lipgloss, but I suggest you go to an actual counter, so you have more choices. For $20, this better be YOUR damn lipgloss that NO ONE can replicate. For now, I will just for the tube.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I don't like big glitter in my lip gloss either. Glitter anything seems cheap.

Anonymous said...

that looks like nars orgasm gloss on your lips

na said...

The gold does look kind of big and chunky, but it's a really pretty color! I really wish I had taken advantage of the F&F, since I wanted a new foundation. Boo.

nilla cookie said...

Love the idea of custom blended anything just for me! I personally love a bit of sparkle in my glosses, but agree that if it's too big, it's yucky.

Hope you're having a great day!