
EDIT: so I went to LV last night and forced massive amount of LV bags on my shoulder. I just can't bring myself to buy another LV bag, I think I'm done with LV bags for now. But I tried on this pair of sunglasses just for fun and surprisingly it looks really good and fits my face nicely. It's hard to find nice sunglasses for asian face, cuz of our low nose bridge and wide face frame.
It's called Ursula Strass, 3 colors: dark honey, grey and black. Side logo with crystal. Acetate material and 100% UV protection, not sure if it's polarized. I like that it's Acetate instead of plastic and it's all hand-made. But can you justify $530 for a pair of shades? Yours truly had about 28 pairs of designer shades, none of them cheaper than $220 except for my last one, which is $98 (Marc by Marc Jacob). And I've lost every single one of them. One of my drawer is dedicated to empty sunglasses cases. Dior, Gucci, Ferragamo, Versace, you name it, I had it. Except for Chanel. That's why I wanted one, plus they aren't that bad, like $300-$400.
But I LOOSE MY SUNGLASSES TOO OFTEN! I lost 2 pairs in the past half a yr. If I lose a $530 shades, I seriously will kick myself in the head and jab myself in the face.
Also, doesn't it look a little tacky with the logo plastered on the side with crystals? I could go without logos now, but the shape of the glasses is so nice. It's a little heavy too. I think I will feel uncomfortable wearing for too long. I'll get a headache from the pressure the glasses put on my nose bridge. Maybe I should just keep this as a "work" glasses. And get some cheapo shit to wear when I'm doing activities.
Anyways, I'll let you guys know what I decide on. I think there is a 99% chance I get this one.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the MIA, I've been super busy at work, which my usual blogging time. So how's everyone doing this week? It flew by for me! Gosh, every since my friend and cousin visited me last Wed., I feel like I haven't had any time to sit down and catch my breathe.
As you know one of the update is that I'm going to Cancun, Mexico with 3 of my girlfriends in April. Dont worry, I'm ahead of my game and put in my bikini order from VS last night. =) Now all I can think about is Wax my winter forest and Mystic Tan. I have never tanned before, except for that one time, I used spray tan and it started leaking down my leg without me noticing. The second day, half of my foot was cover with brown stain. I looked like I had some skin condition. AND it was like 80 degrees out, and I can't wear flip flops, =( Bad experience. So this time I'm going to leave it up for the professional. Will do a review if I ever get to doing it.

You must be wondering why is this very unattractive LV wallet doing here. Well, my friend from HK, who's working for Goldman Sachs, apparently makes a lot of money. Her bonus last year was 150%, which according to her is very "normal". Yea, so you know, they could throw around $525 wallet as "greeting" gifts. I thought a bottle of wine was appropriate, but I guess, I"ll take a LV wallet.
I'm so not into LV, especially, Monograms now. I was actually saving up for my Chloe, YSL or Chanel, but now that I have to exchange this wallet, I feel like I HAVE TO get something from LV again. If I'm gonna get stuck with a LV, I'm not going to get stuck with an ugly LV. At the moment, I'm shopping around to see what I like. But it's like forcing myself to like something. Argh. We'll see. I love her to death, but her choice of wallet is just.. not up my alley.
Like I said, I've been busy. Meaning, not showering for days on end and scaly dry skin. Yes, it's still cold and windy in NYC. So you know my obsession with anything that saves time. I raved about L'Oocitane's Almond Shower Oil before. Well, I've found a BETTER AND CHEAPER alternative!
Johnson's Baby Oil Wash smells like a newborn's smile on a sunny morning. It's so angelic and heavenly. The texture if somewhat like a thick baby oil. But ones you smooth it on your skin, it will become slightly frothy, unlike the Almond Shower oil, which turns white like a Facial Cleasing Oil. Then when you wash it off, your skin feel sooo smoooth and soft. It's like your skin have just drank 8 cups of water! I love love love love it!!!! I don't need a ton of lotion afterwards and the scent definitely brings a smile to my face. I suspect it will be a wonderful shaving median too. But since I'm gonna wax soon, I don't want to shave my forest yet. hehehee....

I've been out of my lemming element for a long long time. The last beauty purchase I made was back in the begining of Feb. OMG, that's like 6 weeks ago! But after reading Lilan from The Daily Cookie review and swatch the new MAC Beauty Powder Blush, I want JOYOUS so bad! I have the NARS duo of Orgasm and Laguna, while it worked fine for me, gives me a sunkissed glow; Orgasm just.. doesn't really show up on me. Back then I didn't mind as much, but since I am on my endless journey to find the perfect blush that gives me the natural color, doesn't go on blotchy and have the right amount of shimmer to highlight my cheekbones, I am so getting Joyous today. It's the perfect "better" Orgasm. I'm going to take a look at the 169 too, tapered blush brush sounds interesting, maybe this is exactly what I need for that perfect contoured look.
H is here with me ALL WEEK. This is so rare, but I enjoy his presence. Not so much when he's falling asleep with the tv and the lights on, but I believe he's going to do better when he's fully moved in (right hunnie????)
Daddy and Mommy's coming back next Thursday. I can't wait to see them again. With all of these people visiting me, I haven't had the chance to study my GMAT for the past 2-3 weeks. I feel so guilty, because I'm still going to classes every Sunday, but I don't do the HW, and the class is like $1000. feel like I'm wasting my time and money away.
This sat. we are having a dinner party at Judy's house. Hannah bought a puppy and Daisy wants to meet her, lol. So we are going to do pot luck this time. Can't be lazy and do hot pot every single time, I'm so hot potted out. Sunday is GMAT. Argh...
So what's your plan for this weekend?

6 comments:
Let us know what you think of the VS bikini. I've been disappointed with verything I've ordered from VS (except bras).
I'm quite fond of L'Oreal Sunless Sublime Glow Daily Moisturizer. All you have to do is make sure you exfoliate well and it's practically fool-proof! Three applications later, you'll be a golden goddess!
Have you considered their Epi leather products? I'm not such a huge fan of LV monogram anymore either. It's been played out and doesn't feel special... :\
Hope you have fun on your trip!!! God knows we all need a vacation now that winter's passed. LOL at your winter forest. I have a whole lot of waxing and mowing to do myself. :)
aquadisia - thanks for dropping by. I've always worn vs bikinis and liked them. I always get the simple ones that has solid colors. cus they are cheap and can act as back up bikinis, maybe that's why i don't have any complains about them.
I'm definitely gonna try the L'Oreal Sunless Sublime Glow, only 3 applications? and it's not a self-tanning lotion? I have the Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning lotion, so it's not a gradual moisturizer. I haven't used it in so long though, hopefully it's still useable. I want to a golden Goddess!
Fei - hey doll, i saw your new bikini shots, your body is so porportioned! god I wish I had your body.
I looked at the Epi yesterday, but I have always thought they are too rigid and formal. I don't like structured bags. I'm a ditz when it comes to taking care of bags. so I like the soft ones I can throw around, but i agree they are a better alternative than the monogram, much subtle taste and elegant. I will get one when I'm 30 I guess.
However, I saw these pair of shades that looks very yummy. again, logo on the side, so not "in". I'm still thinking about it though...
Is your friend from HK an investment banker...and if so how many years is she at now???
I think you should post your bikini choice!
Good luck studying :). Hot pot sounds so yummy!!! Sadly, I'm on a strange diet...spring break in a week!
Trust LV to come up with $530 sunglasses, lol. I'm not much of a sunglasses person, so I can't say much about them, but they look cute...? lol sorry, I wear whatever I have on hand at the moment. :P
KT - yes my friend from hk is working for Goldman Sachs as a 3rd yr analyst in sales and trading for off shore clients. She went to school at Peking Uni. supposedly the #2 college in China. Very bright and smart. I will talk more about her later on - I have a post in the making. Stay tuned!
wohoo to spring break!
Em - yea glasses can be a pain to choose sometimes, though i like those big named ones, but i always loose them! sometimes i just tote around those $20 ones but then I end up breaking them. lol. i hope i will do better with this one.
Post a Comment