Oh Tuesday, as usual, started with a dose of office drama. We were call into the office of our VP at 9:15, no meeting planner, no IM broadcasting, just everyone gathering everyone type of deal.
Turns out, the little incident last week turned into a larger than life office crisis. Our pantry houses the coffee machine, vending machine and the copy machine, and the director's offices are cross the hall from it, therefore, the director's little assistants sits, literally, outside of the pantry and the men's bathroom. That's what we call the "high traffic" area. I guess little Mr Secretary got sick of hearing people being loud, he decided to go into the pantry and say the following things with a finger-snapping attitde "Hey guys, I know this is a pantry, but the noise here is really distracting." Swirled, turned around and returned to his desk.
I was amongst the 6 people in the pantry "making the noise". We turned around looking at each other like.. "who is he?" Anyways, we quiet down and all that, because we are better than that.
However, this morning, the issue of being noisy escalated to the director, filter through the SVP's and got down to the VPs. Of course, when you have a boss that can't stand people who doesn't know priest are celibate, you have to call an emergency meeting regarding this IMPORTANT issue.
Apparently, being loud = being unproductive, the SVPs and directors think we are having too much free time to chit chat, therefore, being an distraction to Mr.Secretary. In a room full of 8 people, the amount of responses to this issue is just ginormous. First of, WHO IS HE? how come he has so much power over us? Since when we can't TALK in the pantry and chat by the water cooler? Why doesn't he just move his desk? Why doesn't he just wear an ear phone.. bluh bluh bluh...
While listening to the annoying sound of 7 girls and 1 guy, I said something like "I tried smiling to him this morning, maybe he just need a friend? or a life? so he could stop being so angry?"
I got the annoyed look from everyone. Wow!! the response you get from being a nice person. Someone said "I will not stoop down to his level and smile at him. He's trying to bring down the entire audit department! who does he think he is?"
He's someone who has the power to bring down the 300+ people in the audit department.
Finally, the VP voiced the final reaction plan, we are going to fire back, how? By saying "SSssSsshhhhhhh" really loud every time we walk by his desk and make sarcastic remarks about being a "distraction"
hmmm.. that's an educated way of dealing with this. Never thought of that. Brilliant. Let's heat the shit up and stir it even more.
Who know? Maybe next week, we'll see Mr.Secretary crying to the director about how mean we are. Or!! maybe he'll hand in his resignation letter. Oh I can't wait to see the outcome.
Anyways, the point of this post is to show the world how pathetic office cultures can be. And, I have a long week ahead of me...
Wed - Tina's visiting me, she's in town for a business trip
Thur - Gotta pick up my cousin Carol from the airport. She staying with me until Sunday.
Sun - H's coming back down, hopefully his feet will be healed by then.
Mind you I did not study for my GMAT last week at all. And this week dosen't seem promoising either with all the entertainment I have to do for my guests.
Work's been crazy. My manager's pushing the envelope like no tomorrow. Funny what a promotion can do to someone! It's like the biggest ego injection EVER! Hmm.. I want some...
Last note, my skin's doing really good lately *knock on wood*. All I need is some powder to cover up the redness, no pimples, no dryness. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi :)
grrr i know exactly what you mean about working in an office, i had an annoying incident today with a lady who is temping in my office, wanting to know everything about what hours i am working,
and saying i should be more flexible and are you sure its right and all this stuff.
Really my hours have nothing to do with her, and she is leaving in a couple of weeks, and its like grrr lol, sorry i am ranting lol.
Anyway great blog :)
Eek, sounds horrible. :\ I do like how your co-workers seem to be stuck in the 12-year-old phase, lol.
Post a Comment