Not sure if you guys noticed in my previous ETOD picture, my hair is shorter. It's just about an inch pass my shoulder. I went to my usual hair stylist at Akane salon, it's a japanese salon, and i've been going there since 14. My mom has this theory of male stylist cut hair better than female ones. hmmm... i havent seen much difference.. as long as my stylist knows what i want and can deliver it, i'm cool with it. I'm not that big on hair, whatever, they will grow back and you never know how it'd look unless you try it.

May, 2008 ----------------------- Nov. 2007------------------------ Sept. 2006
i've def. put on a few pounds, argh.. the Sept.2006 had on all of my favorite makeup.. what chu think? which look you like the most?
time to photo whore~~~ ralph aviator, my throw around glasses.. the LV one is too high maintance..


my babiesss...
H's back in boston just for today, just 1 day, 8 hour driving, all b/c his dad won't talk to him on the phone. His parents never told him anything about how the final "handing over" went with the new buyer. His employees had to call him to inform him. Then he had to call his dad to find out what's going on, then he says "if you wanna talk, come back."
I don't need to express my disdain towards his family any more than I already have. I'm just glad he came out alright for child who grew up in a dysfunctional family. I've seen a lot more fucked up kids, but he's alright. Sometimes the cycle breaks and some times it gets worse. So far, I think it all will end with him.
NYC is gloomy and wet today. I feel such a body ache coming over me, not sure if I'm getting sick. Left my 9-12 training cus I couldn't stand that damn ice box and the boring lecturer, came back to my desk early and basically spaced out for about an hour before I did any work. Both bosses are out today, what a relief..... aaahhhh.... cue George Michael's "Freedom".
How's your Thursday going?
time to photo whore~~~ ralph aviator, my throw around glasses.. the LV one is too high maintance..
my babiesss...
H's back in boston just for today, just 1 day, 8 hour driving, all b/c his dad won't talk to him on the phone. His parents never told him anything about how the final "handing over" went with the new buyer. His employees had to call him to inform him. Then he had to call his dad to find out what's going on, then he says "if you wanna talk, come back."
I don't need to express my disdain towards his family any more than I already have. I'm just glad he came out alright for child who grew up in a dysfunctional family. I've seen a lot more fucked up kids, but he's alright. Sometimes the cycle breaks and some times it gets worse. So far, I think it all will end with him.
NYC is gloomy and wet today. I feel such a body ache coming over me, not sure if I'm getting sick. Left my 9-12 training cus I couldn't stand that damn ice box and the boring lecturer, came back to my desk early and basically spaced out for about an hour before I did any work. Both bosses are out today, what a relief..... aaahhhh.... cue George Michael's "Freedom".
How's your Thursday going?

8 comments:
I love your hair!!!! Where is this Akane? Is it expensive? Jappy/Taiwanese/Korean stylists are the best when it comes to Asian hair :) But because I'm a student (trying to be) on a student budget I don't get my hair done here in the US.
hey fashionista! thanks thanks.. but i haven't gotten completely used to having shorter hair yet..
Akane has a salon in upstate NY and one in Fort Lee NJ. My hair cut was $50 and i usually give 10-15 dollar tips. I think it's pretty decent price considering all the "white" salon charge $90 for hair cut. I will never go to a white salon ever again, they don't know shit about asian hair/head. i even went to the vidal sasson in boston hoping for a great cut, only to come out with choppy hard to manage hair. argh. i guess they are too used to cutting curly hair.
not sure what kind of salons they got up in providence, but just pick a japanese/korean ones. i'm iffy about taiwanese cus the one i go to in boston is taiwanese and usually they style my hair really fobbish.
You're so cute! I've been reading your blog for awhile now, but this is the first time I've commented =) Love your new hair and I'm glad things are working out with H! Take care!
Aww, you're glowing in the newest picture! I like that one best <3
I think you've grown hotter! Again, seriously, H doesn't look 33!
Yeah, $65 including tips isn't bad, but still expensive compared to back home! :D Taiwanese ones...well you have to be very specific what you ask for. But yes, Japanese/Korean hairdressers are the best for us Asian girls, and I know Vidal Sassoon does crap because my gay friend did his hair there before he returned home and it turned out o_0" Enough said.
I have to agree with your mom that male stylists are better then females. Every cut that I've had done by a female has either been horrible, or annoying (in that they try to push you to buy a million different products). I go to a Korean salon and although I don't speak a word of Korean, it somehow works out, haha.
brainandbeauty - thanks girl for visiting! pls do leave comments whenver! love my new readers. =)
chiara - tehehe, i finally learned the highlight and contour cheek technique. thanks thanks.
jie-jie - push bras do wonders. cropping out fat anaconda arm helps too. lol.
the faux fashionista - yea i definitely think Vidal Sasson is over rated, they should just stick with making shampoos. i'd just stick with whoever does my hair the best for now, no more changes, even though they are more pricy, it's worth it.
emilee - i loved this one male stylist at the salon, but he left. and ever since then, no man has touched my hair (except for H). the lady one i have is ok. i don't think they make money off of products at all. i had to ask her which wax she used, cuz i liked it and wanted to buy it. omg, those pushy sales are what i hate the most. especially the ones in facial shops. it's like, dude, look, i've got my eyes and mouth covered, i can't see, i can't talk, if i could close my ears, i'd do that too, but you just wouldn't shut up. i don't want your shit, can u just shut up and let me go to sleep?
Post a Comment