Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thierry Mugler Beauty - available at Saks


I never paid any mind to Thierry Mugler's newly launched beauty collection, b/c frankly, I'm not impressed with the many perfume designers/fashion designer/singers/actress trying to over step their territory by launching make up or perfume. I truly believe that beauty is a form of art that takes years to perfect and for those who over step their talent by using their fame in a certain industry to bring out product that they absolutely have no prior experience in, HELLS NAW. especially when they are priced at outragous amounts. It seems like they are just trying to take advantage of the persistent increase in sales in the luxury goods industry, and trying to get a bigger cut of the pie by making more overpriced shit that people don't need.

With that said, I still went on to do my research as I saw Thierry Mugler is on the Beauty page on Saks.com. A few clicks in Google will lead you to a few beauty bloggers we are all familiar with, whom had the chance to sample these before they hit the counter (I don't know the exact launch date).

The Beauty Alchemist had a post on last yr to introduce the brand's launch.

Bella Sugar did her thing with always keeping us up to date with new product launches.

A Touch of Blusher's guest blogger did a review on 3 of the products I had my eyes.

Visit Thierry Mugler's Beauty Website to see the full range of products available. The site is pretty scary and that robot woman slowly getting her make up done by an unseen ghost is pretty creepy. It looks like 80's porn, full on bushes and everything. Just tacky and creepy, what do you think?

Click on Saks Beauty page to see the products in a more normal 21st century light.

I really want to head over to Saks to check these babies out. I'm especially interested in the concealer. I'll see if I can gather the courage up to walk in there. Seriously, Saks beauty department is notorious for its rude SAs. A Giorgio Armani SA told me I had "sandpaper under eye skins and my pore are enormous!". Uh huh! All finger snappy and shit. Any NYCer want to brave the Saks beauty department with me?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: I got a few questions about my eye lid surgery and eye brow tattoo. Here is a link to the a post I wrote a few months back. Take a look on the info you find on there and feel free to ask any more questions you have regarding the surgeries. Thanks!

2 comments:

fuzkittie said...

LOL~ That morphing face of the model is quite scary... I didn't know what the heck was going on to tell the truth!
The packaging of the e/s and stuff is pretty though! Everything looks or is trying to look space agey...
I was so planning on going to spend some money at Saks last weekend, but after furniture shopping, I just couldn't justify spending more money on makeup, lol!

jing said...

Was their website created by men? Or did they forget that their customer target are (mostly) women not men? All sci-fi, futuristic, spacy theme... the silver "buildings" kinda freaked me out a bit. Yeah, it's creepy. LOL... totally agree with you on SAKS SA. Stepped in their beauty dept once, and never stepped back again, not even if they have shu and other brands I wanna test out. And what was that SA talkin' about? Nonsense!