Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Review: Lunasol Noble Shade Eyes in Deep Variation and Cheek Color Reddish Pink 02


Oh Lunasol, how I love thee elegant packaging and the chrome and brushed bronze compact.

Cheek Color Reddish Pink 02
It looks less orange in pan, but still with a very strong red tone. It is a little too warm for my liking, I think it'd look great on paler skin for a cute pop of flushed cheeks. My skin tone is too much on the medium yellow side for this blush. However, the texture of this blush is very soft and silky, definitely worth the price tag. The color on right are meant for highlighting, or you can mix the 3 together. I'm not a big fan of pink highlighters as gold goes with my skin tone much better. It is my first Lunasol blush and I simply adore it regardless of the color choice.


Noble Shade Eyes in Deep Variation
Lunasol's red themed fall collection was very different from all other Japanese marques. Usually red/pink shades are too warm for Asian skin tone, but they took a chance, and I must say, they made red wearable for Asians. I'm a sucker for purple eyeshadows. So I was immediately drawn to the Deep Variation.
The color on the bottom left is very shimmery/glittery. It's also on the cream side, but it's hard to have it adhere to the eyelid (or am I using it wrong?) I think it's best used on the tear duct to highlight, but not on brow bones, as I think it's way too glittery.The diagram was printed on the inside of the case, clever! All shades are very silky, no fall outs, but no strong color pay off either. It's meant to give eyes definition, as you can see from my FOTD, you can barely tell where I put which shade, but you can see a gradual definitation of my eyes. The bronze/brown showed up much more than the purple. I will do another FOTD with the purple shade as focal point next time.


I did the FOTD exactly as the diagram except for the glittery white shade, I was just trying the 3 colored shades. I used the P&J Eye Gloss in Lillac to highlight the brow bones and as a base. It works well together. The eye lining gun metal grey is very soft, which I think is not dark enough to enhance my eyes. I should use a eyeliner pencil first, then go over it with the darkest shade.


Please excuse the overly bronzed face. I used a wrong shade of foundation and had to darken it by using bronzer, which by the way turned out very badly. I looked so muddy by the end of the night, oh the horror. My base makeup skills is definitely not up to par and need more practice. No more testing foundation on my FOTD nights!

Likey my eskimo vest? lol. It has the soft fur and it's my winter going out outfit stable.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wendy said...
hey babe, can you do a fotd tutorial on your profile picture? for some reason i feel like it looks totally different from your other pictures, unless it's just the lighting?yuck, work sounds horrible. whats with all the belittling?!?!? i hate pompous jackholes.ah sorry, im rambling. i just finished my anatomy final with only 3 hrs of sleep. -__-update sooon!<3

Wendy - This profile picture is from 3 years ago. I used a Hard Candy palette in lillac and purple shade (I wasn't kidding about the purple fetish). The lighting was very dimmed when i took the picture and it was taken from a camera phone. Remember back in the days, when webcam picture was all the galore? Yea... low resolution pictures and dimmed lighting makes you look almost airbrushed. that's the ghetto photoshop I guess, lol. I will definitely try to recreate the look again - believe it or not, I still have the same false lashes!
Anonymous said...
hi - what color shade did you get for the blush?
Anon - The P&J facecolor is #10. The brick red one I have is #12, which is a newer collection I think. #10 is permanent I think.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Oooh I like! It really does give you definition, while keeping it very subtle and natural.

Your profile picture is gorgeous. I was actually thinking the same thing yesterday. You look heavenly =)

MiuMiu said...

You look so cute with the furry vest!
Kinda sucks that the e/s is not very pigmented.
I'm not very good with base makeup either XD
Happy Holidays!

fuzkittie said...

Love those e/s colors and the blush!! <3 Lunasol!

ⓚ☪ said...

The cheek color looks so nice and great for highlighting.

Have a happy New Year!!