I was in a training session when the flowers were delivered. By the time I got back, all the girls by my cube were like, oh my, you better open it now, I want to steal it so bad! lol... I'm not a rose girl, so he got my favoriate - tulips. Love them in every and any color.
The flowers were only a prelude, leading up to the card, which reads:
Roses are red, violets are blue.
What would I do without you?
Three years and counting and still you take my breath away everyday.
Wish there were more ways to say all that you mean to me.
love, always, H
cue for watery eyes and blushing cheeks. =)
These are some of my favoriate photos from our Turks and Caico's getaway trip last year.
Yes, I did ask him to do the seal thing in the video, lol. You guys should see him with a wet suit on, complete resemblence, I swear. Cute as a seal.
I <3 you too hunny. You are my everything, and don't you EVER stop loving me! I will bite your ding dong off! (don't worry, he's used to it, that's my usual threat.)

7 comments:
Hmm, I think I'm going into the corporate world (IB or trading) after I'm done with undergraduate this year.. Is it really that bad? :( I don't know what else I want to do with my engineering degree..Definitely not engineering anymore. Maybe I'm just attracted to the pay and being young while living in NYC?
Your husband is very sweet :). Glad you had a nice vday!!
Lol at the threat :D It's a wonderful feeling, knowing that despite all that crap going on in your life, there's someone who's always there for you.
Beautiful flowers! :)
awww so cute! I go tulips too! I love em!
kt: Don't be discouraged. I'm not directed involved with sales and trading, so I can't tell you how it is. But with an engineering degree, a lot of people end up doing trading, IB, hedge fund or PE, all of them are very quantitative heavy and I think thats the closes thing in Finance that'd suit your background. The pay will be wonderful and living in NYC is definitely a great experience. But all the rant I have are mostly just because of the people I work with, so that's something you really need to watch out for. Work is not what you think it is, but just make sure you've got enough going out outside of work. Work = money. Money = nice apt, lots of shopping and eatting out whenever you want. So yea, don't worry so much about work n stuff, enjoy your last yr in school. =)
by the way, H is not my husband, he's my boyfriend. hehee, though I'd like to be Mrs. someday, but not yet.
The Faux Fashionista: hey girl! welcome to USA, how you liking the snow and wind chill huh? lol... Spring's almost here, so don't get frozen just yet ok? I love it when I go home to H and tell him everything happened at work, blow off steam, and then he says, what would you like for dinner hun? Some day I don't know how i'd survive if he's not here.
I love reading your blog!!! :) Thank you for replying! By the way, I do have one question... What do you think about searching for jobs in the summer? If I can, I'd like to focus on my last semester for now. Would it be all right to look for a job in finance after graduation...?
hi KT, thanks for reading my blog, I love knowing that someone actually "love" it! it's just a bunch of personal ramblings. I'm uber flattered!
well, I started job hunting in my last fall semester, so in Nov. of my last year. I wanted a job b4 I graduate and it seems like everyone was doing it anyways.
I personally think it's definitely "ok" to look for a job after you graduate. As long as you the financial support to live jobless as long as you can. But i think the pressure from your parents during graduation might be hard. I didn't want to disappoint my parents at graduation and have every other person ask me where my new job is, so I definitely wanted to have a job before I graduate.
The market right now is sort of weak. A lot of ibanks took a big hit last year from credit crunch and subprime, so unless you can land a nice gig with Goldman, chances are, they aren't as "actively" recruiting as they were in a boom market.
This is nto to say, however, that you cannot find a job. Paying bills and living the dream sometimes doesn't end up at the same time. So don't give up if you can't find your dream job. Get a consulting job or something that's not too far from your expertise and build your network. The more people you meet/know, the more chances to land the job you want. Rememeber, ones you are in the market, head hunters will hunt you down. So they will call you and offer you nice jobs, no need to worry about finding the second job.
take a step at a time. But do go to networking event, career fairs or info session. it never hurts to meet more people and build your contact. it helps to learn about the various companies too. it's never what it seems, but at least u won't sound like an ass when you go to interviews, you know?
i'd be glad to talk more about job hunting etc. just email me. =) good luck KT.
Post a Comment