Thursday, February 21, 2008

Zitology

I'm sure many of you read about my unbearable stress from work last week. You know, I was having the "good skin" period before that. No breakouts. No dryness. Just nice smooth skin and I've already decided to work on lightening the discoloration on my face already. That's usually the last thing I worry about when I go through checking off my skin problems.

Low and be hold. With the start of GMAT, poor diet, long nights of watching movies with H and just simply being mentally and physically tired from being ALIVE. Godzitla came pay me a visit. It started on the right side of my face. I thought, ok maybe my pillow case needs to be washed. Then 3 days later, it's the left side of my face. Not in any one particular area. One on the cheek, the forehead and 2 on the chin. According to my zit history, I could tell that the chin ones are from greasy food, cheek ones are from poor cleasing and forehead ones are from lack of sleep and stress.

I usually ignore them and let them mature and dry out on its own. I could live with the embarrassment of walking around with zits at age 23. But apparently, Mr.H will never get over his zit popping obsession. So whenever he's around, I need to beat him to it to take care of the zits. Otherwise, you never know, he might just go on a zit popping rampage when I'm sleeping.

So here is what I do.

1. examine the type of zit, is it underground? is it hard? is it red? is the white head out yet? is it thrumbing? in the Wang household, we treat zits like humans, no discrimination allowed. I mean, H and I talk about zits like our babies. We fight over who gets to diagnose it. Who gets to touch it. Who gets to eventurally pop it. We might as well just put a stethoscope on it an hear its heart beat. I mean, it's just insane the amount of diagnoistic we do on a zit. He usually use his terms of "seed" to refer to the underlying white head, that comes out hard. I dont know, I don't quite agree that they are seeds, they are just white heads, not shown through yet. Whatever, you get the idea. We are zit crazed people.

2. determine if i should let it "mature", eventurally let the "seed" purge out and sqeeze it. this way usually leave no scars. But you know patience is scarced when it comes to big red thrubbing zits. I could kill it on the spot with a needle, open up the pore, sqeeze out the puss until i see blood, when the blood runs clear, and put the rubbing alcohol on it. the pain, it's almost pleasureable, like having the 33rd orgasm and you clearly just cannot scream anymore. this option leaves pot hole like scars.

3. for the next few days, if i have open wounds on my face, i will use tea tree oil to spot treat it. if i'm letting that thing live, i will put some kind of SA lotion on it, pile it with some clay mask to try it. during this period, my face is usually tight and dry, because i'm afraid any kind of lotion/cream will give me more zits and sometimes the open wound catches some lotion and form another "psudo-zit" - looks like white head, but it's just the lotion trapped in there.


now, on to my weapons. The ZENO was a Christmas present, goes to show you guys how much my friends knows about my zit obsession. I literally went to sleep with this thing that night. Anyways, I used a few times. I like the feeling of heat on my already volcanic like zit, it's like, heat killing heat, i almost can feel the battle going on in there. it's like a comet came crushing down on a volcano, the spilling lava could be the blood. It works ok, the only thing is, you have to hold that thing for 1 min, that's a long time to hold anything. it's just not practical. plus you have to heat the zit up every day for 3 days for it to work. i usually use it on the first day and then use other treatments depending on my diagnose.

Ahhh... this, my friend, is my all time hero, or as HG in beauty language. whenever i open up a zit, squeeze out the gut, the blood and all (be sure to get rid of the blood, if you close the pore before the blood runs clear, you will have a bruise like scar). i usually put some alcohol on it just to kill all the bacteria, you will notice that the blood on the cotton pad will turn brown, pretty good stuff. then before i go to sleep (always pop zits at night! you dont want no clear bloody stuff running out of your zit during day time), i dad on some of this tea tree oil. this battle is like the Troy battle, you send in the horse and wait for the city to fall apart. the oil will clear up any infections and keep the area around the zit moist, so you won't have dry scally scar.

this is the Prescriptive Acne Defense Serum, bought it under pressure from SA, but surprisingly works well. i rub this thin serum on my face to prevent break out. usually when the break out is OUT this thing doesn't really do anything. it's a good preventative measure. think of it as vitamins, it works, as we think it does, but you still get sick from time to time. it's no miracle medicine, but does a good amount of work for what it's worth.

This little thing here is what I put on underground zits to make it "mature" faster. I would say this lotion speeds up the ripping period up to 2 days. it's a little to drying as a preventative measure. also, you have to be careful not to put anything else on top of this lotion, it will 'ball" up in little greasy balls. think of it as a blow job instead of a hand job. they all achieve the same goal, but bj takes half of the time and that thing will be hard in no time. and then it's just RIPE, POP, done!

Hope this helps. I'm not chemist, so I can't tell you all about the chemicals and this and that acids. but this is how i use them and I will definitely be stock piling the tea tree oil. it's been my HG for 5-6 years now. The alcohol i mentioned is usually the Clearsil wiping pad? They are all the same, it stings when you put it on a open zit, but feels so damn good, I don't think it's made out of alcohol, but whatever, you can google it right?

1 more day girls and boys. Happy Thursday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow..thanks for the tips. i didn't know you had to squeeze until the blood runs clear!!

i'm stressed out as well. one more (long) day!!! take it easy :)

The Faux Fashionista said...

Lol, your zit-obsessed post cracked me up! I've always wondered how the Zeno thing works, now I finally know how troublesome it is...thanks for sharing ;)

Vanessa said...

OOH! I gotta try that tea tree oil, I always see it and never get it, LOL!