So true, almost zen like, I think I defnitely should find some spiritual or emotional inspiration to keep myself from blowing up. In a city like Manhanattan where everybody's stepping over everybody's toes, it's hard to keep it together, but we must.. be kind to ourselves.
Anyways, PMS and pity bickering left my face with a few explosion as well. Usually when I get pimples, I get those under the skin, no white head, but hurt as a mofo type. So I've been using the following samples from Mario Badescu and find them to be very effective. The following are the ones I really like and will repurchase. Speaking of Mario Badescu, after my first time facial at the spa, I received a card for thanking me to visit their spa and gave me a 15% off coupon for my next visit. I'm definitely going back there.
The Drying Cream - it's used a spot treatment. I dab it on at night and sometimes in morning, but you have to be careful, even though it says it has flesh color and will conceal, it tends to look very tacky/cakey/flakey. I'd usually just dab it on at night. I won't say the bump goes away in 1 night, but I definitely feel it going down in 2 nights. Nothing is magical, it takes time for the inflammation to calm down. However, I feel that the best thing to do in the case of acne is prevention. B/c once the pimple pops, it will leave a scar. I've popped pimple on myself for years, done it in salon too. I know they say it won't leave a scar ifyou do it right. But there is "right" way of doing it. You are still tearing through the pore/skin and leaveing your skin with trauma. Scar/mark is inevitable. You can use some kind of acids to burn the skin off to make it appear smoother, but the scar will take a long time to go away.
Cucumber Tonic Mask - I got this one and the Orange Tonic Mask. I feel like this one is much much much more powerful than the Orange one. I put it on around my T zone, and 15 mins later, you can see ALL the black heads are peeking their head out. It's so gross! I never knew this was supposed to draw black head out, I only used it as a "oil control" mask. But OMG, you will be so grossed out to see all the black heads. I put on a nose strip and squeezed out even more. It hurts a lot less, since the black heads are out half way already. It's a great product for your nose/chin to eliminate black heads.
Azulene Calming Mask - My skin gets very irritated when I squeeze it or use harsh products on it. The inflammation is not just on the pimple it self, it spreads around the pimple area as well. The redness on my cheeks all comes from inflammed pores. I put these on my cheeks while I put Cucumber Tonic Mask on my T-zone. and this definitely calms down my skin. I can see it's softer, brighter and cool. It doesn't get hard, b/c it doesn't have that much clay in it. but it's very comfortable to wear.These 3 products saved my face. I don't have time to go the spa every time my face gets all fucked up. But spot treatment and mask really does the trick. It takes my skin about 3 days to clear up and it's all thanks to MB. I used to use a lot of different products to treat my skin, but nothing is really "magical". Although MB is not a miracle, b/c it does take time, however, it's great at doing what it's supposed to do.
I've been simplifying my skincare regime b/c honestly, I feel like nothing cleared up my skin better than healthy eatting habit and Yaz (the birth control pill). However, in case of emergency, I do need a little extra help from the creams and lotions. I'm still testing out my last new product, but as soon as I'm done, I'll do a post about my skin care regime.
Ciao bella~

4 comments:
Hmmm, that cucumber mask sounds promising! I have problem with not being able to control myself from popping pimples... sigh. That's why I have to use brightening products constantly. I might go give that cucumber mask a try for my nose tho! Thanks!
Hello again!
Thanks a lot for your nice comment. I will definitely try out the M B products once I am in London. Apparently, it is even sold there. I do prefer to use masks and such to having acid peelings every 3 months coz it hurts (but removes scars)...
Thanks for commenting on my blog! :) I still haven't tried Mario Badescu products yet. I've heard good and some okay stuff about their products. I still have samples laying around my house... hehe~ :X
Yeah making jap chae can be easy if you're making it the short way. I prefer the original way, even though, it takes hours to make it... hehe~ I think it taste better that way, but whatever works for you is good. :)
I bought my sponge curlers from Soompi (soompi.com). They have a selling and trading forum. I also heard you can buy it from sasa (sasa.com) but I have never checked, and I also know they sell it on ebay (ebay.com).
Hey Cuttibebe,
I was just thinking about my own friends after I read your previous blog. As much as I hated it, I didn't want to face the fact that I knew my friends were taking advantage of me all these 8+ years. They would always tell me they care about me and stuff, but it never shows. Apparently getting each other expensive presents like wallets, agendas and cellphones mattered to them more. I always had to sit there watching them open their expensive gifts when they usually chip in money for mine, which is usually fine for me, since i'm not begging for certain things.
There are also many times when we plan outtings that if one person doesn't go, they are somehow special enough to make the rest of my friends not want to go. However, if I choose to stay at home then the event is still on. It's getting so tough lately, and i just had a breakdown not long ago. They have no idea and usually say to me that i'm thinking too much or my bf is brainwashing me. Speaking of my bf, they think just because i've been with him for 6 years, it means that if everyone else goes out except me it's ok, since i can always go out with my bf. And there's alot more stories i can tell you but i don't wanna bore you ^.~ But one last thing, I sent them all a mass email to let them know how i felt, and guess what, no response. Instead they had another mutual friend call me to let me know they can't make it to a dinner I planned because they were going to an amusment park, and i'm working. How would you respond to that? I've never been the person to stand up for myself much or put our friendship into question, so now i don't even know how to talk to them.
So now i've started a blog to at least get my mind off of this situation.
BTW, i do enjoy reading how you handle certain situations, sometimes i can relate to you, and that makes me feel like i'm not the only one after all.
Millie
Post a Comment