Friday, August 8, 2008

"don't let a piece of rat shit ruin a pot of soup" - old chinese saying

i'd like to say thanks to everyone who gave me their 2 cents on how they'd reacted in this situation. you know, some day you just feel like you are either the crazy one of the only sane one.

anyways, she wrote back some thing along the lines of "i wanted to ease the tension by asking you if i could come again, obviously that was a naive thought. blah blah.. i might have canceled on your before, but i don't recall, however, i thought i've explained myself to make sure you were ok with it... bluh bluh... i'll definitely try not to give you a blunt answer next time before i find out the full detail, bluh bluh.. hope we are still cool.. and enjoy the wilderness this wknd."

sigh.. honestly, i felt really bad after i thought about what i wrote to her. i felt like i was overreacting. and making a big fuzz out of it. so i thought, ok, well, she's "apologizing" without saying sorry, but i can't get over the fact that she still thinks she's doing ME a FAVOR by coming. i am so fed up with her indecisiveness. so I told her, "we are cool. and it's partly my fault, b/c you've always been so indecisive and cancel/accept last min, and i was always ok with it, b/c you are my friend and i accepted you as who you are. it is known to us that you are the kind of person who would change your mind last min, so we've always expected it and accepted it. however, there is only so many times you could do this. i'm just fed up with it and told you off. I apologize for the blow up, and i'm PMSing, but you are front and center, so i couldn't help it. Sorry. We'll definitely enjoy the wknd and take lots of pictures!"

i have been friends with her since 10/2005. we have been pretty close through out the years, she moves down to NY for 1 yr, then moved back again. during the time she was in NY, we hung out quite a bit, she came over quite often and I really appreciated her company, since i was living alone. I don't know why is it that all of a sudden, I couldn't stand her indecisiveness even though she's always been like this and I knew it. somewhere inside of me just got sick of having people step all over me and take advantage of me.

my god bro came over last night and saw my face and instantly knew there was something wrong. i told him the story, he's like, that's your fault, you let her get to you. you blew up on her to get your pride back, but now you feel sorry for hurting someone else's feeling. it's so true what he said, i always hold back my feelings b/c i don't want to make someone else uncomfortable, even though it's making ME uncomfortable. but i have a limit, i guess the limit was reached yesterday.

he also said something else that completely just torn me apart and i started crying, he said "you look so unhappy. you look so stressed out. something else is bothering you. it's not just that situation. what's going on?" I said "there is nothing else going on, i'm happy. H is here and we r gonna have a fun wknd. nothing's going wrong." He said "you are not tell him everything, b/c you don't know what to say. and everytime you tell him, you think he doesn't understand, so you don't tell him your feelings. you are bottling it up. do u get anxious? do u get depressed? you think life's shit and u don't know how to make it better? you feel like u r not good enough, doing all that you can. i bet you want to go back to school to escape the reality.."

as he went on, i felt so uncomfortable as if he could see through me. he knows exactly what i'm thinking. i start tearing up. i felt like this bottomless sorrow just start pouring up. i've told you guys before i have anxiety disorders and depression. however, i think i've gotten better at it. i've never seen a therapist nor been on any drugs (I carry my Xanax around, which is expired already, just to make me feel better). he urged me to go see a therapist and let it out. b/c right now, im just standing at the same place looking at the end of the tunnel witha telescope. i may see the sun, the tress and the bees, but i'm still at the same ol' place.

i think i might go see a therapist.. but i'm just afraid of opening up a can of worms. i'm afraid i won't be able to face my fears. i don't know.. i need time to think about this..

9 comments:

fuzkittie said...

Awwww Cuttibebe! :[ Don't cry~~ It's not your fault that she got to you and made you blow up at her... it's all part of human nature, everyone has different buttons that get pushed at times. Don't dwell too much on it, and have a fun relaxing weekend with H!

I have never known anyone with anxiety disorder, but it sounds like you have your head on straight and you know what's best for you. Hope you feel better after the weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hi it's aggravated ny-er again.

OMG this emailing never ends! I just realized (okay, actually after I wrote the last comment) that she's your friend and I shouldn't have used such harsh words, so I apologize. =( But what's with the constant & quick emails? Can she not call or talk to you face to face? You wrote a very classy email and I give you props, cos I would've just cursed the poop out of her! She said she'll definitely try...which means this type of situation will happen again. So (I don't wanna seem bossy/high & mighty/rude) but perhaps you should consider seeing a therapist? Because having someone else to talk to who is unbiased (hopefully) might help you make some revelations about yourself and the people/environment around you. In high school I also wanted to see a therapist cos I've lent both my ears and plenty more to troubled friends (who ultimately received therapy...and came out more positive & happier) and I also related to them. But I had no money for it so eh. You worry about the can of worms, but I'm worried more about the big picture...your happiness. Worms get cut and they regenerate, but eventually, they will die and become compost and something new & beautiful will come out of it...a flower perhaps. Or pumpkin! I love pumpkin =P

Sorry. I'm rambling. Just trying to sound smart here hehe and I dug myself into a hole.

But talk to one, maybe for a week or so? Cos if you can let it out to a stranger, maybe you can let it out to H. I'm sure he'll understand...you took away his 2nd virginity! (I wanna take away my bf's 2nd virginity too thanks to you<3! Lol)

OH & eew...wouldn't the rat poop melt in the hot soup? YUCK. But it's ok because no one will find out anyone cos there's a lot of herbs & such in chinese soups hehe. Thus, you've answered your own dilemma on this day...NO IT WILL NOT BE RUINED *triumphant cheer? =]<3

P.S. Sorry if I sound judgemental, etc. I'm so full and my mommy made bread and my tummy's talking instead of my brain o_O I want some soda =3

jing said...

I can understand how you reacted, and I can see myself doing the same things. To adjust to others, until I can't take it anymore then blow up. Thank goodness, my friends now aren't like that. For some reason we're on the same wavelength and i can be honest about anything. HOwever, I did have one friend, she considered me her bestfriend and all, and I thought we were. Until I got so fed up with her controlling me and it was all about her. I wrote her a very long email, and I didn't receive any apology, so I just cut her off since then. Weird, but I never regretted it.

Your brother is amazing and so sweet. He's older right? I wish I had one and had the kind of relationship y'all have. Honestly, I don't know my own family, except for my dad. It's good he got to talk to you, and focus your attention to what's really going on with you. I can understand your fears. Though sooner or later, you still need to face them.

*hugs* Hope you'll feel better soon, hope you had a great time this weekend despite all the drama your friend caused.

jing said...

btw, i nominated you for a blogger reward, it's on my blog. sorry i didn't get to let you know sooner.

Ye said...

I hope you are ok! Have you asked your brother about his opinion regarding your job? I know that, sometimes, it's really asked to ask for advice within the family. I always do that as a last resort kind of thing. It seems that he knows you really well. So maybe, he could give you some input? Or, at least, show you the situation from another perspective.

Unknown said...

Hiiyee... I'll definitely work on that eotd/fotd for the stila palette. But if anything, I will get it right away cuz I heard they're selling out in some costcos. But you really can't go wrong since it's less than $20 for the whole set!

Elisa said...

hi there!

I'm glad you look for ways to help yourself. I just want you to know that if I were in your shoes, I would probably feel the same way. Just take it day by day and remember that everything that you feel now will soon be a memory. Everything will get better in time. =)

Elisa

The Faux Fashionista said...

Everyone's said what's on my mind already. I'm just dropping by to give you a hug! *HUGSSSS*

Syn@3sTh3sI@ said...

well cuttibebe, in fact I have almost the problem as you. I hate ppl taking advantages on me or other ppl tat I know or I do not know. Especially some1 close to you. really hurts, i understand tat...I'm a lone ranger, I go out, eat, shopping even work alone. My office is small, just a few colleagues so not much talking. I'm happy as I am, at least I'm not a hater. Think abt ur family, ur bf n Daisy ! Those ppl r just passer by in ur life, your life is wonderful so dun let things get on ur way.