Monday, September 22, 2008

just sayin' hello


how y'all ladies doing today? i'm doing aight, considering the fact, i'm an employee under Barclays Capital now, and I will be getting paid, I feel much better than last week. Money is good, life is good. it's just I'm bored out of my mind at work, b/c we have nothing to do, yet. So there has been much soul searching - what do i want in life, what do i want to do for a living, where would i want to be in the next 5 years, how can i get there, and most of all, what make me HAPPY?
Happiness is so overrate, but once you've lost it, it's kinda of like that Spring Break CD you lost somewhere in your car. You know it's somewhere, but you can't find it, and now you kick yourself for not remembering the title of songs and you can't find it anymore. So you keep humming that melody over and over again..
I've sang my melody of loneliness, lost, failure for as long as I can remember. The thing is I knew exactly at what moment I lost my happiness. And for the past 2 years, I kinda of just shuffed that in back of mind thinking I will feel happy one day, it's just not my time yet. When a rock is chipped, it's chipped. Once you've become jaded, you just don't see the world the same way again. And what they say about the world being a mirror is so true, when you are an angry person, the world is a mad mad world, and when you are happy and on a cloud 9, the world might just well be the 7th heaven.
Anyways, as long as I can still pay my mortgage and cc bill, I'm 'happy' for now. I'll take this time to soul search and be a complete nag about everything. hey, this is my life and i only live onces, why would i take it seriously and slowly?
So I leave you with a look I did for my bday celebration in Vegas. I knew I wanted to do a luminous skin, red lip and long winged liquid liner look. I paired it with a gold dress. the outcome was ok, I'm slowly to learn that maybe the whole red lip thing is just not my cup of tea. And now matter how much Emote I use to contour, a pancake face will still look like a pan cake face.
Adios mis amigas~

3 comments:

Blog Sale NYC said...

I dont see a pancake face, I see a very pretty woman. I think this shade of red matches your skin tone nicely.

Getting a tune stuck in ur head all day is annoying. (i know u meant this as a metaphor to happiness) To cure this I try to remember the lyrics and google the title. Then when i finally listen to the song, it gets out of my head and it stays out until the next melody...

fuzkittie said...

Ditto! Just live on! :] I like that look on you, it's Dita Von Teese-ish! I'm still afraid to try red lippies~

Congrats on the job!! I knew you'd pull through~

MiuMiu said...

Hey Steph,
I think you need to go on another big long vacation. Hawaii for you?
Remember how I was bitching and moaning about my friends and they seem to just bring me down to a "i hate everything level"? i've realized when i'm here in seoul, it's so much better than having to deal with their drama. it's nice that i can spend some quality time doing something that's fun like travelling and being with tim, and that's what makes me happy. no more thinking about how crappy my friends treat me.
I think you should spend some quality time away from all your work place and life stresses...and go splurge on a nice vacation with H, I'm sure that'll clear your head and you'll be able to remember what makes you happy. Just make sure you don't bottle anything up..get a massage and go to a spa and relax.
Nice FOTD btw, I don't think I'll be able to pull off red lips. With the winged eyeliner look and the red lips, it reminds me of those old school hollywood glamour babes..like miss monroe. Haha I didn't mean to sound alil les there. One day I need to do some FOTD, when I get a new camera lol
Anyway take care!!
More FOTDs!!!