You might have seen this place on Food Network's "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives", which by the way is my favorite late night food network show. All those late night indulgence, yea, blame Guy. Anyways, I've been wanting to try this place since forever, but the space is so limited, it's almost impossible to get a table. You can't call ahead to make a reservation, you have to physically be there to wait.
So, to beat the crowd, the 6 of us woke up at 7:30am on a Sat. morning and drove 140miles from the Poconos, PA to Baltimore, MD. That's love man, I don't know how many people would do that. On top of that, we waitted 1.5hours to get a table. In the mean time, we drove to Fadley's at Lexington market to get some fresh blue crabs, 3 dozens, xl size. While we were at it, we ate some raw oysters, little neck clams and those huge clams that's like 50 cents, i forgot the name, but it was so fucking yummy! anyways, that's another post...
Cap'n Crunch French Toast.. their signature and must I say, THE BEST FUCKING FRENCH TOAST I HAVE EVER HAD! the little bity bites of cap'n crunch mingled with the soft toasty french toast.... ooohhhhh.... you gotta try this for yourself. personally, i felt the 2.5 hr drive, 1.5 hr wait, was well worth it. Just the homemade wiped cream alone, i'm willing to drive 5 hours, jump over a fire hoop and eat a spider for.
some dishes, the boring, non-advanturous people ordered... spanish omelette, and some simple sausage and egg with hash brown. the hash brown was really good though. crispy and nicely golden.
how could you not have crabs while in baltimore? Crab, Tomato and Cucumber Eggs Benedicts. And the Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Eggs Benedicts.
My entire meal.. with the Cap'n Crunch French Toast, I added, hash brown, 2 eggs and bacon. I was so full, I wanted to throw up. But that's normal, that's usually when really good food happens to me. Then I get food coma and passed out during the ride back to Poconos.

4 comments:
my eyes widen up as soon as i saw the food pr0n. that looks. so. good!
:p..... omg that looks like the best french toast ever!!!
wow that's some good lookin food! girl i'm so jealous u could grub on some crabs. i wish i'm not allergic so i could savor the goodness. its torture seeing people eat em cos i cant hahaha.
did u get to watch the new ep of run's house? i heart russy! hes so cute and adorkable. i wish my family is as close knit as they are. you're lucky that you were raised like that. i grew up without a father which i think plays a big role in how i am today. i envy people who have such a close relationship with their dads because i never got to have that.
omg that looks so freaking goood! plus you got to eat crabs, clams and oysters!? that would cost me a fortune in toronto.
have you heard of Cora's breakfast? I dunno if there are any locations in the states, but it originated from Montreal. It's pretty good if you ever see one, but I'm sure it's not as yummy as your capn crunch french toast!
Post a Comment