Thursday, September 11, 2008

Birthday @ Vegas = Trouble


that's right ladies, I'll be spending my 24th bday (tmr, 9/12) @ Sin City Vegas. I'm excited as the last time I was there, I was 18 years old... ewww.. no fun..

anyways, we planned most things and booked rest. but I know some of your CALI ladies go there a lot! So if you have ANY SUGGESTIONS, pls leave a comment. Any specific beauty shops to drop by? Shopping? Any hole-in-the-wall kind of place? Please leave me a comment and let me know!!!

I had a pretty horrific bday last year, thus I feel a little anxious about this year's. However, so far it's looking pretty good.

I'll share my goodies once I'm back. In the mean time, have a fabulous weekend ladies!

7 comments:

fuzkittie said...

Have funnn!!! :] Hope you are staying at a swanky place, it's the only way to go in Vegas, baby!

ainstein said...

advance happy 24th bday!!! i went to vegas too on my 24th.

hmmm let's see i like this thai chinese restaurant called kung fu. it's on valley and spring mountain in chinatown. pretty good food for decent price. i love the chicken garlic pepper, i think it's in the thai section. i love the crepes at the paris hotel. shopping is everywhere in vegas but not something that really stands out. check out the shows, i havent seen any personally but my friend have seen most of them and he said that its all pretty good. O supposedly is the best. there's a shark reef at mandalay bay which is pretty kool to see to kill some time. if you want to go clubbing my only advice is to get there early! lines get pretty crazy esp on weekends. if u go late u might have to wait at least 1 hour standing in line.

hope u have tons of fun! and take pictures =D be safe!

Jennifer @ www.aegiscode.net said...

happy bday hun! party it up!!!

u gotta drop by the outlets, brand name amazing prices
http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=58

my cousin works out there now and she told me she recently took a tour, and for doing that they give u a pair of free tickets to see a show. Some tickets run from $100 and up.

hope that helps

Anonymous said...

Happy bday!! :D :D


hope you buy a nice gift for yourself!

Blog Sale NYC said...

Happy early B day. My friend just went to vegas for her bday yesterday and she's not coming back til next week. I never been there so cant tell ya anything about it. I tag you and now u gotta tell me all about ur significant other. hehe.

Anonymous said...

I just went to vegas for the first time last month.
Learned if Allegiant Air goes to your airport book w/ them its cheapest

Ok here are my tips that I learned there and will now me so much more prepared for next time.

1. By the monorail pass for going up and down the strip - 3 days is $30-something

2. Find free brochures that list maps, shopping, eating, buffets, and show dates and prices - very useful can usually be found at the information desk at your hotel.

3. Bus only when you have to (i.e going to shopping sites that are on the las Vegas blvd but far from the strip) since and it saves you taxi fare
~ buy the $5 24-hour pass
~ places like Townsquare, and Las Vegas Outlet
Busing on the strip takes a lifetime not so much traffic but the amount of time it takes ppl to get on and off

4. For farther shopping places use a taxi - Las Vegas Premium Outlet.

5. Eat buffets its a vegas must. I've been to the Wynn but heard Bellagio is better and slightly cheaper too.

5. If watching shows go to the half price ticket booths (locations can be found in brochures - but the ones I remember are outside fashionshow mall, and under Huge coca cola bottle - the tickets can only be bought the day of, so you can't buy them early unless you go to the direct hotel but theres not discount. Avoid Cirque Du Soeil I watched Mystere and the show is too hyped up for the cost. Its really just a buunch of tricks done to music and no understandable story.
Some of the cheaper magic shows are good - I liked Dirk Arthur extreme magic

6. Tipping is a must. Everyone your taxi, your bus boy, the maids, buffet servers, the guy who gives you free club passes

7. Its extremely hot even at night. bring only shorts and lots of sunblock

8.Some hotel have shuttles to destinations check with the information desk. Also shutting back to the airport is cheaper than taxi but you book your spot

9. Bring clubbing clothes if your into that. And go extra dressy revealing. Girls are dressed up to the nines at all times of the day everywhere you go

10. Keep your eye out on coupons they really help keep down the cost of food

11. Don't use the hotel phone they charge by the minute. Use a phone card

12. If you want to try gambling for free some hotels give people a couple free trys talk to the information desk

Be prepared to spend its cheap to get there but costs a lot once your there

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope you had a great & memorable weekend in Vegas.