Tuesday, September 9, 2008

just a few thoughts.. bcuz i'm bored..

Anonymous said...
for most of your looks, you have your waterline lined. what have you found to be the best liner for the waterline? have you tried urban decay 24/7?

Anon - I have a few e/l to rotate around, but I always buy them in black and waterproof versions. Lately, I've been impressed with Revlon Color Stay pencil liner. One of my friend who puts on e/l EVERYDAY, I mean every single day, this girl's got on some heavy liner, she told me that this is the best one she's ever used and buys them in bulks when Revlon have buy one get one free.
I tested it and it truly STAYS on.. Most of the time I line my water line (as you've noticed.. =P), and by midday I always get a little bit of smudge on the corner of my eyes, or lower water line, but I've always thought it made my eyes looked natural, not too overly made up. I don't like it when I can see where I put on e/l.
I haven't tried UB 24/7, but I'm tempted to try that, and the MUFE Aqua Liner.

----------------------------------------

As you guys have noticed, I changed the template. Tada~~ Do y'all like-y? I love Fall and it's always been my favorite season since I was a little kid. School's starting, I get to see my friends, and mommy takes me stationary shopping, oh the good times.

Fall always brings out that cool, mysterious and sensual side out of me. and this yr, it really hit me hard with all the new beauty collection. I busted out my smokey eyes way early in August, and so ready for my emerald greens, sapphire blues and amethyst purples. Dark e/s has the key to my beauty heart. However, I do notice that lately, I've been drawn more to the lipstick and nail polish category. Am I getting old?

I've been splurging on Paul & Joe and there are just so many others I want to buy. But what's the point of buying all of these and not using them? That's is my main problem. I buy shit and end up almost never open them. I don't know why I don't use them. Maybe just the fear that I will ruin it and it won't suit me? Or try to calm my mind and think if my purchase was just impulse or do I really NEED it? From now on, I'm setting these beauty rules...

1. Draft a list of what I want to buy and wait for the sale or GWP.
2. Buy only what I DON'T HAVE. Not another pink or peach lipgloss. Buy the truly unique and oustanding products.
3. Don't feel bad if the SA is nice and I want to act like I can throw money around. Buy what YOU NEED or DON'T HAVE. Not what she pushes onto me.
4. If I bought it, I might as well use it. Start by taking pictures of it, swatch it (there, I ruined it), and do a FOTD.
5. If I don't like it, I can always return it or sell it online, or swap on MUA.
6. FEEL GOOD WEARING IT. Don't think oh it's just another shimmery apricot blush, think that it will highlight your face, show off your cheek bones and look damn cute doing it. Confidence booster!


There.. no more guilt trip about spending too much money on make up. I don't have much hobby as it is. If I want it, I will go get it. Because I live for me and I only have one face, one life, I might as well look pretty living it. =)




Speaking of splurge - $198

Saks Fifth Avenue
Polished Face Kit

EXCLUSIVELY AT SAKS. Tucked inside this Marc Jacobs leather clutch is everything you'll need to achieve a fresh, polished face. Includes Dior 5-Color Eyeshadow compact in Tender Chic, Nars The Multiple in Copacabana, Yves Saint Laurent Touch Blush in Number 2, Giorgio Armani Gloss in Number 16, Guerlain Le 2 Two-Brush Mascara in black and a deluxe sample of Chanel Sublimage. Clutch has zip top and logo plaque.

Everything in it sounds interesting and I wanna try them. But is $200 worth it?

4 comments:

fuzkittie said...

Hahaha I love how you set these rules, then you're like there! No more guilt! :D Awesome. I like the set indeed~~~ but I'd have to actually see the clutch to be able to determine if I really want it. Clutches are kinda useless to me.

You SHOULD do more FOTDs and tutorials and reviews! :] You have so many nice products too. Thanks for posting, cuz I'm bored too. Work is so boring.

Angie said...

I know how you feel.. I just spent $90 or so at NARS which I really shouldn't have done, esp right after I bought shoes just 10 minutes before.

I keep a memo list in my blackberry of makeup items I want/need.

Sounds like the Polished face kit is worth the price. If they're full sizes, the Dior 5-color is about $54, Nars is $37, YSL blush is $42, Guerlain mascara is $35, $26 for Armani gloss is already $194 not including the clutch and sample of Chanel Sublimage.

But considering your rules, you should get it if you feel like you would like or use everything in there. Or at least you'd sell them.

All the colors look gorgeous and totally wearable.

Blog Sale NYC said...

I havent tried revlon color stay e/l but I heard from make up gurus on utube that it works really well. That's one hell of a splurge. I always wonder how much better makeup from the higher end work better than drugstore products. I havent tried much higher end products at all, except for freebies that my mom gets from buying anti aging products.

CuttiBeBe said...

fuzkittie - the clutch looks soft from the pictures, but you never know. again, who needs another clutch? i've got way too many and never use them.

angie 519 - i did the calculation too! but then i took into consideration that thhe clutch and samples are useless to me. so what's the point of me getting this set if it's not discounted? the dior 5-color is nice and wearable, but do i need another neutral palette? sigh.. decisions... =(

aprecia - you know, i've always wanted to do a HE vs. drugstore FOTD/throw down.. like seriously, how much difference would it make, right? there goes my next coming soon topic!