Thursday, October 2, 2008

Paul & Joe 2008 Christmas Collection

Check out A Touch of Blusher for the new Christmas Collection.


So I went to Bergdorf last night to meet up with Merrady to check out the new Christmas Collection. I had originally schedule a "make over", but things happen and I had to cancel and go in early to just check out the collection.


PJ @ A Touch of Blusher summed everything they had to offer. Here are my opinions on some of the stuff I tested.


Eye Gloss N - new formula, new colors. I don't own any of the old Eye Gloss, but I'm assuming the consistency of this formula is thinner and staying power is longer. First 2 colors are gold and silver, very glittery and shiny, definitely highlighter colors. Last 3 are pink, purple and brown, much finer shimmer and had more pigmentation to it. I tried on the purple and brown shades to create an office safe look. I LOVE IT! Especially the brown #05 color. It's a tauper silverish pewter, it's great for subtle look. I dabbed a little in my crease, smooth it out with a brush (you can use finger too), and it's flawless. You don't need to blend blend blend, just work quickly, because it will set and won't budge. Once I got out of Bergdorf, it was pouring in NYC, and I had to run down 5th Ave to catch a bus home, guess what, nothing MOVED. Pure love. I've put my order in for the purple and brown shade.


Pearl Powder - Like MAC pigment, but grown up, toned down and lady-like. It's very fine, wet to the touch, and gives a subtle sheen. I'm assuming you can use it anywhere on your face, and it's not too chalky to use on the cheeks. The color selections are like most P&J stuff, no crazy colors and wearable by most people. I know I won't use any eye color in loose powder form, so I skipped this. But if you ladies like pigments, be sure to check this out.


Pencil Eye Liner - same forumla just new colors. I tried the purple in addition to the Eye Gloss, and the shade is nice. But it's not so unique that you can't find it anywhere else. It was just ok for me. I can find purple eye liner anywhere. It's safe to skip this.


The Red Velvet Collection - 3 red lip sticks in 3 finishes, sheer, creamy and matt. Didn't try them on, but I think the sheer one would work on most people. P&J is known to create the creamiest, most moisturizing lipstick. So if you are into redstick or want to try a look for the holidays, you should check this out. It's hard to find a lipstick work for you, but the colors looked very feminate and Asian friendly. Also the packaging for this collection is metal, instead of the usual plastic, or the cardboard in the Fall collection.


I didn't hear about the lipstick and face color set, so I'm assuming it's coming in next Spring. But I'm not too fond of that cat face print. Not a big fan of cats. The 2 color choices aren't exactly what I had in mind either, hot pink and neon orange just doesn't seem appealing.
The Disney Collection that was out in Japan last year will arrive in Nov. at Bergdorf. So call Merrady to place your order if you missed the train last year.
By the way, I will have my first contest coming up soon. The giveaway would be a set of Paul & Joe gift sets. I joined their Club, and they were nice enough to send me a huge Welcome gift. Since I have tried almost everything in the line already, I want to give it to those who'd want to experiment P&J and never had the chance. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

ⓚ☪ said...

If you had to recommend 1 or 2 items from P&J what would it be?

Thanx!!