Thursday, October 9, 2008

Tarte and Cranberry


Tarte Holiday Collection 2008 is out on display in Sephora. To check out the promo pics and descriptions, head over to my dear beauty guru Musing of a Muse and Rouge Deluxe as the ladies have already done the homework.

I have the We Wish You Wealth palette from their 2007 holiday collection and have been using it here and there. Tarte's e/s quality varies. In my opinion, some of the quality is similiar to MAC's, but there is always a few misses that have absolutely no color payoff. I especially like the purple and moss green on the bottom left corner. I'm on a purple and green shadow roll, it usually hits every fall. I suspect their gold/champane color shadows will have high color payoffs as in last year's palette. Overall, this year's palette is more exciting than last year's, and it includes blushes and their Park Ave Princess bronzer. I will consider this for Sephora's F&F.

Another item caught me eyes is the Cheek Trio. The colors are so pretty and wearable. I have the Cheek Stain in Flush, but rarely uses it b/c it has no shimmer in it and it's hard to blend IMO. However, these 3 mini ones are very soft, blendable, and the colors have higher payoff AND they have shimmers in them!
Top to bottom: Posh (baby pink), Fierce (rosy reddish), and Chic (coral peach). Fierce is my favorite. I dabbed a little on top of my foudation in store, and it's still very easy to blend and gives a nice color. I'm definitely going to put this on my Sephora's F&F list, if they are not sold out by then, that is!

The Glosses Clutch were tiny, plus their Apple-A-Day gloss didn't impress me. So I'm going to skip on this.


While walking back to work, I passed Rockafella Center and stumbled upon the Cranberry promotion. They had a whole pool of cranberries in the middle of the plaza! So cool~ They had these professional cranberry farmers standing in the pool answering questions. I was rushing back to work, so I didn't have time to talk to any of them. But I did get an Ocean Spray CranEnergy juice for free!

3 comments:

fuzkittie said...

Wow that's enough cranberries to keep all women in NYC immune from urinary tract infections. xD

Angie said...

Haha cranberries intrigue me. If not for the ocean spray commercials I wouldn't know they grow in bogs =P.

Oh man I totally forgot F&Fs are coming soon!! YAY!

Haru said...

Hi! I stumbled upon your blog by following a link from Autumn Masquerade. Thanks so much for posting the pics of Tarte's holiday collection as I've been thinking about whether to get it and your blog was the first where I've seen real life pics of the palette!

Love the cranberry pool too!

Haru (Rouge Deluxe)