Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Cancun Duty Free


As promised, picutres of my recent purchases. I didn't buy much while I was at the Cancun Airport, it was close to midnight and we have been awake since 7am and running on about 3 hours of sleep. But I did grab 2 items for myself and cartons of cigarettes for H. Nothing says love more than cancer sticks for your hubby.


Guerlain Terracotta Blush & Sun in Sun Light, which is the lightest color, slightly peachy, but goes on so subtle and makes my cheeks glowy. Especially that I'm so tanned now, probably 2 shades darker than my winter skin, this is the perfect blush for me. I find that MAC Beauty Powder Blush in Joyous is a little too 'showy' on me, even if I use my 187 with it. So I've been using this as a blush every day and people tell me I have the most glowy complexion and so tanned and looks so healthy *tehehehe*. I think that as my skin gets darker, the best way to keep it from looking too red or 'dirty' (I think Asian tend to look farmer dirty when they tan, I used to look like I just walked out of a rice patty when I tanned), is to use beige/light tan bronzer as a blush. My Shu Marble Glow-On Blush in Sierra goes on so smooth and enhances the tan on my face. Love love lovess it!


I'm a HUGE fan of the Issey Miyake line perfume. I have their Summer 06 LE (pink bottle) and the SE Dew on a Petal (middle bottle). Both smells so heavenly, clean, crisp and fresh. I love floral fresh perfume, makes me feel so clean. I didn't buy the original bottle, because my friend is a die-hard fan too and buys parfum bottles (she goes through at least 3 bottles a year), and I didn't want to steal her 'scent'.
The new one I bought at the airport is the spray deodorant. I didn't know they made such product and was instantly intrigued since I hate drug store solid deodorants. Let me tell me this is god send! On mornings when I'm running late (every morning), I spray this on my pit and I can skip the perfume. You could still smell the scent faintly throughout the day and it's not sticky at all, doesn't get on your clothes and saves money on perfume. The deodorant is about $28 I think, which is a steal and I wish I bought more! The only problem is.. obviously this is not a strong anti-persperiant and since NYC is getting warmer lately, I feel like I need that extra dryness protection. Girls, walk through subways and bus station while carrying my 10lb bag is a workout in and of itself. One word.. Grosssss...

Love both of my purchases and worth every single cent. =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i rememner the last cruie i went on to mexico and the last couple of days o checked out the shops an they were duty free the only things i picked up that were really cheap were sum of the hard liquer haha its so expensve here in hawaii...

although the fisrt cruise i went on i never took advantage of all the more thigs they carried

Anonymous said...

Issey Miyake makes some really unique scents, I love L'eau D'issey. Have you tried the scented bath salts? They are a pleasure to use! :D They smell just like L'eau and turn the bath's water white.
Hugs! :3