Monday, October 6, 2008

Dior Holiday Collection 2008

Dropped by Blooming's to check out some new collection. The Dior Holiday Collection is out, but the powder really didn't impress me. Sorry for the blurry photos, they were taken from my iPhone.
Top row: Twilight #140 Palette. Shimmer reflective purple, blue, silver, darker denim, and a matte black with silver sparkle. The black is a little chalky when applied. Blue isn't my favorite shadow color. So I can't speak much on it.
Bottom Row: Moonlight #029 Palette. White shimmer, peachy pink, golden apricot , silver shimmer and a grey ashy shimmer, that is just TDF! I love the last color, but all 4 other colors are rather on the pastel and light side. I don't want to buy a palette just for one color. But seriously, that grey ashy shimmer could be a nice alternative for a taupe, a little cooler, a little edgier. Shadows applied Much softer than the Twilight, no chalkiness at all. 
Middle row: The shimmer palette, it's hard to see, but it's a light beige golden color. Applied very soft, but is it worth it to just get a shimmer powder in a nice package? Eh..

The top bit is a Glitter gloss to be applied as a top coat on lipsticks. Way too much glitter, we are not 8 years old, Dior! And the Black Liquid Liner, nice true black, nice staying power (had a hard time rubbing it off).

Overall, I think the Moonlight Palette is worth looking into, that bottom right color is really unique. Other than that, I think I might try one of the Cream Gloss, it did give a nice creamy color that's moisturizing and nice pigmentation. 

-----------------
Ladies, thanks for all your input in my Saks dilemma! I think I'm definitely dropping some heavy dimes on La Mer. My skin has never been better! It's so soft and hydrated! I have been using the Hydration Infusion and Gel Creme samples everyday, so far I'm liking the results. But then again, it could be that I have been on a week-long fast and ate nothing but veggie juice. Lost 7 lbs and overall feeling a lot lighter. That could be the reason why my skin's so much better. Hm.. I'd like to think it's the La Mer working its miracle. =)

2 comments:

Gee said...

Oh SNAP!

I need to check this collection out in person with the quickness.

I've been using Creme de La Mer and I think it's working some magic. I like the Eye Concentrate too. Too damaging on the wallet, but my skin is glowing these days!

fuzkittie said...

Mmmm I really love the Moonlight colors!! Man everyone is talking about this collection!!! :x