I have a friend who works at Saks and she's kind enough to let me use her discount. She has double discount this week, so I'm planning a field trip to Saks on 5th to pick out a few essentials that I normally can't afford.
I drafted a list of all the things I want, and the total came out to be $800ish. Even with a 30% off, that's $560 (actually, that doesn't sound too bad now), but it's still over my dudget of $300. The list are mainly filled with brands that Saks carry exclusively, so Giorgio Armani Beauty, Thierry Mugler and La Mer dominated the list and I added a few holiday collections from Dior, Guerlain and Chanel.
Now, here is the question of the day: WHAT WOULD YOU GET IF YOU COULD GET ANYTHING @ 30% OFF?
Since I have been trying to come up with a fair game for the Paul & Joe Giveaway, this shall be your lucky day! The prize is P&J skincare and foundation samples filled in a P&J tray. It came as a gift for my P&J memebership, but since I have tried most of their skin care and own the dual powder foundation, I might as well share the wealth.
The package includes:
Cleasing Milk
Skin Toner
Moisture Lotion
Moisturizing Serum
Treament Oil
Protective Foundation Primer UV
Protective Dual Powder Foundation UV SPF20 PA++ (Shade 30) *I'm a C35 and this is my shade, just a tiny bit too light*
To enter the fabulous giveaway -
1) Answer the question in the comment box
2) Leave your name and email address
3) I will draw a comment at random on Thursday, 10/9
4) Winner will be announced Friday, 10/10
Good luck ladies~

15 comments:
if i could get ANYTHING i wanted at 30% off right now, it would be a toyota prius and a new apt. however, if it's only items from Saks beauty event then i would definitely go with the trish mcEvoy quilted makeup planner, jo malone orange blossom perfume, a fatty jar of creme de la mer and some Diptyque candles because they smell AMAZING!!
name: dianna
email: bigdude34@gmail.com
LOL. Totally made me look! I was like whatttt!! I need me some 30% off, haha.
That's nice of your friend to let you use her discount!
30% off anything? Hands down, La Mer! Way too violent on the wallet. But oh the miracle broth is amazing...
Lucky girl!
Assuming you meant 30% off of everything at Saks:
1. La Prairie Cellular Revitalizing Eye Gel, La Mer Moisturizing Lotion, La Mer Hydrating Infusion, La Mer Refining Facial, La Mer Eye Concentrate, La Mer Whitening Essence, Armani Face Fabric, Burberry The Beat perfume, and a pair of Christian Louboutin pumps.
2. Angie Q, angie519@u.washington.edu
Hey you! Thanks for the welcome back :] I see I see! You're gonna try La Mer!! Woohoo!!! And at 30% off, what a great deal!!
Do you have very oily skin? If you do, you might not like the creme at first. I had partly oily skin when I started using the creme, but it completely balanced my skin out. If you could tolerate the thickness of it at first, then I think you'll grow to like it more and more. Now my skin eats it up! Leaves nothing behind even with its thickness.
If you do have really oily skin even in the winter time, I'd still suggest the lotion over the gel cream. I feel the gel cream is not enough for me. Sometimes I even use the gel (samples) underneath the lotion, hahaha.
I also have puffy eyes! I think for puffiness, the eye concentrate helps more, the massaging with the metal applicator also helps with depuffing. The eye balm is mainly for sallow looking eyes, and it helps your eyes look brighter.
Hope that helps and happy shopping!! I wish I could get 30% off!! Oh to answer your question in this post, I would definitely stock up on La Mer if I could get anything at 30% off at Saks, haha.
Omg....paul&joe!!!! I wish we have it here, but sadly we don't. I only have a few of their cosmetic items and it's definitely one I reach out for frequently and has become my favorites. And lucky you for having a really really good friend at Saks. 30% off can really make a difference.
ok I wanna join in the fun too!
sooo...30% off anything in life would be a condo! LOL. I know prices are down already as it is... but a 30% off discount would still be nice to have. That just means less money to spend on a down payment.
With a beauty stuff... La Mer. Cuz everyone and their mom who talked about it had piqued my interest to try it. Although it does smell like Nivea cream *shrugs*. But geez... the packaging itself is probably what drives up the cost of the cream. Just for me to see what the hype is all about. Oh and anything Dior, Chanel, and NARS. Maybe the whole store while I'm at it. haha.
Anne
yummiebitez@gmail.com
mmm i always wanted to get the dior irridescent eyeshadows and la mer! :)
<3jenn
msjnguyen@gmail.com
Lol, you got me, too. I was so happy for 2 seconds, but P&J stuff is good too!
Hmm, if I could get anything @ 30% off, the first on my list would definitely be that condo in construction on Roosevelt Island that overlooks the city! The second would obviously be more makeup to stash away, can't ever seem to have enough of those. :D
annie
darknova@gmail.com
Hi,
Wow, that's definitely a very difficult question. I would go for Armani, Chantecaille, and Bond because I love those brands and 30% off is great because makeup never goes on sale.
But it's really about what you want. Being a rather list oriented person, I would write everything down that you possibly wanted (which it sounds like you might've done) and then start crossing off items that either you feel so-so about or have something similar to.
Best of luck!
If I had access to 30% off I would get the new chanel beige perfume, the polished face kit and the some of the new armani quads.
name: anahita
Email: abalsara@aol.com
Ahh! I grabbed my credit card!!!...and then ..not. :D
with 30% off at Saks mmmmmmm....I would like to try the entire line of Chantecaille skin care...just because otherwise I would not stray off my current skincare.
For the Paul & Joe!Thanks for the contest!
Anna
ana_unterres@yahoo.es
i would totally get everything LA MER!
If I can get 30% off, I would like to try the Givenchy phenomenon mascara I have been hearing about.
Alyssa
aly_4realz at hotmail dot com
Been a silent reader for a while since I don't even want to start my own blog. Aniway, 30% off I'll go for Lamer (except for its TM, doesn't worth it). Dior eye shadow, Guerlain powder and NARS lip gloss in turkish delight, chihuahua and its lip stick in every color :D
name: Trang
email: tranghoang2512@gmail.com
If I could get anything for 30% off, I would get P&J items. I thought it would be avaliable in Korea, but it isn't. And it's not avaliable in Toronto either(where I live) so I'm quite deprived of these items, even to test. Anything else like Dior, Chanel, La Mer..etc..I can get, except P&J.
Millie
yipmillie@hotmail.com
I love employee discounts!
If I had a choice to get anything at 30% I'd probably buy my own house. If only I had the money.
But being realistic I'd probably buy alot of skincare products with the 30% discount. I want to try La Mer, GUERLAIN, SK-II, & Kanebo's Sensai line. Oh, and Sisley for my mother, haha. I think I'd also get a little clothes happy and buy a bunch of outfits.
KC , twinklewish24@gmail.com
Post a Comment