Thursday, October 9, 2008

YSL The Bow Collection - Holiday 2008

Sak Beauty Department has the YSL Bow Collection on display already. I played with a little bit last night and I apologize for not taking a picture of the counter, because the makeup on the promo picture is TDF! Anywyas, I picked a few signature items to discuss here. There is a limited edition eyeshadow and lipgloss palette in a black velet clutch design that I complete just skipped over. Seriously, those little cubes of e/s and lipgloss combo is so old school, and who wants loose shadows on their lipgloss anyways? Pppaaallleasseee..

The Bow Collection Lip Palette
Left is a nice berry pink color, the texture is more on the pigmented side, like a gloss stick. I truly loved the color, if they had a lipstick/gloss in the same color, I would have bought it. The right is a sheer pink shimmer gloss, nothing special. Now, the palette itself is in a heavy golden matte/shine design with black robe with a lobster closure. I have no idea where you are supposed to wear it. The SA told me I could hook it on my purchase. Lady, hear me out, my bag's 10lbs heavy as it is, do I really need to add another 2-3 lbs on it? C'mon now.. Anyways, I didn't like the design enough to buy it, but I truly loved the lipstick color on the left.


The Bow Collection Eye Palette
OMG, can we say fabulous? I'm not a bright color lover and I have no idea how to apply bright color e/s, so I ain't even gonna try. I stick to my greys, taupes, purples and greens, I can work with those easily. This color combo is definitely one of my faves as it is so wearable. But I know I already have 20 palette that's exactly the same combo. The purple, grey and taupe is super nice and the texture is soft as a mosse, I never knew YSL shadows were so SOFT! Now, that pink right there, you can just stick a knife in it. It has no pink color pay off, chalky and just a whole bunch of glitters. Gross... But the other 3 colors are sooo pretty though!

The Bow Collection Touch Eclate
Now, I don't know if all the promo info are correct, but as I read online, there is supposed to be a pink gold one? Hmm.. as far as I know, there are 2 colors in this twist pen highlighter, Gold and Silver. It's exactly like the Touche Eclate, except it's shimmery gold and shimmery silver. Meant to highlight cheek bones and brow bones. I asked the SA if I could use this as a base, she said it's not meant to use directly on the eye lid as a base, but as a highlighter on the brow bone. Texture if very smooth, no noticeable glitter feeling. I liked it, but I know I will forget it in the back of my drawer.

They also released a new color in Golden Gloss, it's nice brownish red color. I liked the color, but the texture of Golden Gloss is very griddy for me. I can feel the glitter on my lips. The Nail polish is a Dark indigo blue and a White silver.

Overall, this is a nice holiday collection, but the BOW didn't hit as cute or elegant. I liked the e/s palette and the lipstick color in the lip palette, also, I wish you could see the promo photo and the makeup on the model, it's a smokey purple/grey eye and berry brown lips, really cute. The SA told me it was created with the berry lipstick and the new golden gloss, it's such a pretty lip color~

SALE ALERT! Saks is having their Friends and Family sale next month, all cosmetics are 20% off (as told by the YSL SA). Not sure if that's at every saks or just the saks on 5th. Head on over and put your shit on hold, cuz you know it's gonna sell out fast! Business ain't so great these days, surprisingly, those SA are much nice.. hmm.. I wonder why~ lol

4 comments:

fuzkittie said...

Stop it with all this Holiday collections talk!!! I don't need more makeup!!! Nooo *runs away*

Ahleessa said...

The packaging of the collection is nice! :)

gbbylnscc said...

Ahh!!!! Omg.. girl, i love ur blog!!! I love YSL... and ur GORGEOUS! ;)

Gee said...

I was about to post YSL info too, hehe.

20% off Saks sale?!?!! THANKS FOR THE TIP!!! :D

I went to bloomies website and it said 15% off when you use your card and I was like SWEET!! But then it said exclusions apply...no beauty! Boo...